Rebirth

Iruma was not feeling good at all. It wasn't because his house was being hounded by reporters wanting to know all about how Sullivan's grandson defeated a magical beast on his own when he was still a student and only a Gimmel. Which on its own was already a great feat for a first-year student. Ever since the glutton ring took all that energy from the magical beast, his body began to feel as if he was on fire. At first, he could withstand it, but as time passed on it got worse. Till the point that once he got home he couldn't stop himself from falling on the floor and letting a bloody scream.

Suddenly an energy field surrounded him, stopping anyone from getting close. The worst was that the magic was not acting out of protection, trying to keep its master safe, it was the consumed magic running wild, as the ring was incapable of handling it all on its own.

"Iruma-sama!" Alice shouted in panic, as he saw his precious master on the floor... it shocked him to the core "Iruma-sama!" He shouted again, trying to get to his side but he was stopped by Opera. "Get out of the way!" The pink-haired boy growled at the fox-like demon.

"You know I can't do that," Opera answered calmly. "If I do, you will run to his side and will be fried by that energy field."

"And what?! If I can't save Iruma-sama I'd rather die!" Alice shouted, desperation clear on his voice. He couldn't believe that it took watching his beloved master in so much pain to realize he loved him more than a friend or King... that he saw Iruma-sama as his one and only mate. "Don't you care about Iruma-sama!"

He turned to Opera in anger now, he was ready to blast the fox away with his fire but stop once he saw the look in the demon's eyes. His tone and posture might seem calm but his eyes were screaming in pain as if he was the one on the floor. Alice then realized that this was not easy for any of them. Iruma-sama was not only his beloved mate (at least in Alice's heart), he was also Clara's previous best friend, Opera's treasured little brother, and Sullivan's adored grandson. Alice then looked around and saw the look of desperation in everyone's eyes, all looking at Iruma-sama unable to do anything to help.

Iruma, on the other hand, was going insane, the pain was too much, he was burning up from within. The ring at the moment could not withstand that much energy, so it automatically sends it to the closest and most reliable place: Iruma. As he had no magic it should have been perfect, his reserves would have been filled and he would become very strong. However, there was the fact that he was a human. No human body was meant to have magic, especially demonic magic, within them. The only way to heal him from this parasite was to suck the energy from his body, but the only one in the room capable of doing that without damaging him was at its limit and was causing the situation on the first place. Or... well, he could become a Demi Demon.

"A-Ali-san, wh-what do you mean wi-with becoming a De-Demi Demon?" Iruma managed to stutter, the rest were oblivious of the conversation going on between the human boy and his ring.

"A Demi Demon is a creature who has not evolved completely into a demon but still could use the magic and abilities of the demon world. In the human world's Christian religion they are known as the antichrist. A creature half human and half demon," Arikured explained. "You will be capable of using demonic magic, will more likely develop a blood skill that will surely be passed down to your descendants and your appearance will become a little bit more demonic. What will make you different from other demons is that your blood will have incredible abilities in the demon world, you could even say miraculous. Not to mention that no holy magic or purification ritual will have any effect on you."

"H-holy ma-magic?" Iruma asked confused, while he continued to groan in pain.

"Yes. I mean no angel or priest will ever be capable of exorcising you," Arikured replied.

"A-angel?" Iruma started to think he was delirious, but then again if demons exist why angels could not.

"Snap out of it Iruma," Arikured growled at him, the use of his real name made him realize Ali-san was being serious. "You are dying and that energy field out there is connected to your body, so your grandfather no matter how strong he is cannot do anything without damaging you permanently. So, you need to make a decision. We've gathered more than enough energy to complete the process, it might leave me famished afterward but that Jii-san out there can fill me up afterward. Becoming a Demi Demon is a big decision, it will make you an even stranger creature to your palls here in the netherworld... but it will make it easier for you and you will never fear being discovered as a human. On the other hand, it will mean you will never be capable of going back to the human world and living like a normal boy, ever again. The decision is at your hand, will you become a Demi Demon?"

Iruma, even in the middle of insufferable pain, stopped and thought about it. Did he want to become a Demi Demon? Did he want to never be capable of going back to being a normal human? Did the human world even deserve being thought about? There he was poor and always hungry, he had no friends and was bullied, his parents sold him off to a demon for money. What will stop them from doing that again if he ever went back? Will the next demon be as amazing as his grandfather. The fact was that he did not want to go back. In the netherworld, he had an amazing family, great friends, and was appreciated for who he was- even if he had to hide that he was human. If he became a Demi Demon he would not need to lie anymore and will finally truly belong along with these wonderful people he loves so much.

"I d-do," he stuttered, with as much conviction as he could while he was being tortured.

"Good." Arikured clapped his hands happily and started to use the wild energy and his reserves to change Iruma's body's composition. "Be aware that this will hurt and you might not survive the process."

"W-what?!" Iruma exclaimed, panicking as Ali-san did not tell him that part.

"Well, Demi Demons are born by the union of a human and a demon. Even then the baby rarely survives, turning a human into a Demi Demon has never worked before. The times it does work, they normally end up going insane and turning evil, their minds not capable of adapting to the new demonic instincts." The ring of gluttony explained. "Let's hope that all the time you spent here allowed your body to adapt to the demonic magical particles and that your kind and benevolent nature helps keep you sane. Then again you are already dying so it doesn't really matter." He finished gleefully, smirking as Iruma let another bloody scream.