Three days

Three days have passed since Iruma turned into a Demi Demon. Three days since he went into a coma. Three days and Alice had never left his side. Three days since the usually lively mansion of Lord Sullivan turned into a house of depression. Three days since Opera realized the big mistake he had done. Three days since Kalego entered his heat. Three days since Opera became a lifeless doll, his mind constantly on the fact that his mate was sharing his heat with a demon that was not him.

So, it came as a shock to Opera when on the third day he had received a text from Kalego telling him to go to his house. He didn't think it twice and rushed there, however, he should have really prepared himself for the rush of pheromones he was hit with, as soon as he entered the house. Not only were still there Kalego's heat hormones going around but his scent was mixed with Balam's. It drove Opera insane to see the evidence that his mate had slept with someone else.

Maybe that's why he sent me the text. Thought Opera. So, I would rush here like an idiot and humiliate myself. Seeing my Omega with someone else. A Beta nonetheless. But I deserved that.

"What is that?" He demanded to know to point at the package Sullivan made Opera deliver three days ago.

"Iruma-sama asked Lord Sullivan before the last days began why you seem to hate him so much, when the principal answered Iruma was so disappointed in him that Lord Sullivan went crazy. He wanted to make things right with Iruma-sama, so Iruma-sama told him to make things right with you. That would mean he would have to repay everything he had discounted from your paycheck over the years and give you a raise and a contract saying that he can never pay you any less from the amount in there for as long as you are a teacher in Babyls." Opera replied.

"That would answer why I got a check with an outrageous amount of money and a new contract. But it still does not explain the damn letter in the package." Kalego growled.

"Letter?" Opera asked, now as surprised as the Omega.

"Yes, the letter," Kalego snapped. "You know, the letter begging me to take you back." He continued, oblivious to the surprising showing on Opera's face. "You know from all the tactics to get me back, you chose this one? As if I would listen to the guy I hate even more than you!" Opera flinched at how easily his mate said he hated him. "Wait you didn't know about the letter?" Opera simply shook his head, not feeling strong enough to even speak. Kalego looked at him suspiciously, before using magic on the letter so it would reach the fox demon. "Read it," he demanded.

Read it Opera did.

Dear Kalego-chan,

I am so sorry for all those times I cut off your paycheck without reason. This check will repay all that I owe you and this contract will make sure no one can pay you less than what you are due. I am also giving you a raise!

Now, about Opera... don't be too angry at him. What he did is wrong and no one can say otherwise, but you need to understand that he did not want any harm to befall you. He truly thought he had your best interest in mind. All he ever saw the bond between an Omega and Alpha in his family was pain. He believed that Omegas deserved better than to be chained to an Alpha that will end up only hurting them. He believed he was setting you free.

It is not simply now that he opened his eyes and realized he cared about you, he had always cared about you more than anyone in this world. That's why even when he could not have you as a mate, he made sure you were close to him. Which was why he beat up anyone who wanted to bully you or take you by force when you were not strong enough yet... which is why he had not taken anyone to bed since he met you.

He cares about you, in his own way. I am not justifying what he did, but I hope you can see his side of the story. The side of a very silly fox.

Kisses,

Your future father-in-law.

P.D: Don't tell Opera-chan I told you he is a virgin.

By the end of the letter Opera's face was uncharismatically red and Kalego realized this was not a trick from part of the principal and Opera.

"You truly never mated with anyone?" Kalego asked surprised, remembering all those times females threw themselves at him. Remembering how it broke his heart knowing he was never going to be one of them. Opera could only nod his head and silently curse the principal. "Balam was the only one I ever shared my heart with... and he never penetrated me," Kalego did not know why he was saying that out loud but knew he will come to regret it. "Only took care of me, mostly gave me the contact I craved and the scent of someone I trusted. He only used toys when I was too exhausted to satisfy myself." Opera looked at his Omega, his virgin Omega, and dared to hope. "You know I am tempted to tell you to screw yourself simply not to have that idiot off the principal call me son-in-law..." Opera started to smile. "You will still need to crawl, beg and humiliate yourself!" Warned him Kalego, hating how he blushed at the fox's handsome smiling face. "I have not yet forgiven you, got it!"

"Got it," Opera replied, softly.

He was over the moon with just a chance, he even forgave his stupid master for how happy he was. But of course, the moment had to break when his phone started to ring. They both sighed and Opera answered it without checking who had called.

"Opera-chan! Iruma-chan woke up!" Lord Sullivan's announcement was all they needed to forget their annoyance and fly towards the mansion in a hurry.

-Meanwhile at the Sullivan Mansion-

"Iruma-sama, Alpha, I'm here," Alice whispered, caressing his mate's soft hair. "Take your time to recover, I'll be waiting by your side." Nuzzling the Demi Demon. "What's gotten into you Velac?" He asked the green-haired girl, who had a rare serious expression on her face.

"Will Iruma-chi be ok?" She asked, in a strangely low tone of voice.

"Of course, Iruma-sama will be ok!" Scoffed Alice, hugging his mate closer. "He is the first and only human who had ever survived the transition from human to Demi Demon, it simply took a toll on his body, and needs time to recover. Never think otherwise!" Alice warned her with a glare.

But she did not see it, her eyes were sorely on Iruma's face- lost in thought.

"Not that. Iruma-chi used to be human, the stories mamma told me about the human world... it is so different from here. The rules are different... our world is much harsher. Now Iruma-chi is a Demi Demon... like the previous Demon King." Clara explained, Alice finally realized what she meant and his mood got gloomier. "He is the principal's heir and a Demi Demon, they will want him as a Demon King. Iruma-chi is very nice and good, he will be an amazing King... but what about his human side?"

The 'will it survive?' was unsaid but clearly heard.

"I... I believe that if it is Iruma-sama he can do it. He can do anything," Alice replied softly. "You've got nothing to worry about, Clara."

Clara looked at him, surprised that he used her given name, and smiled softly: "Thank you, Ali-chi... you know I like Iruma-chi."

"I know," Alice said, looking at her sadly. "But he is my mate, Clara."

"I know... at least, I will have Red-chan to wallow with me." Clara was about to keep on talking when suddenly Iruma moved. "Iruma-chi?!"

"Iruma-sama?!" Alice exclaimed, excitedly.

"Mm, Clara-chan? Az-kun?" Iruma replied groggily, nuzzling even close to Alice. "Az-kun, since when do you smell so nice?" He asked, still half asleep. Nuzzling his nose into the Omega's neck. "You smell so good~! You taste devine~!" He mumbled, licking the delicious neck, making the Omega moan. "I want to have a taste, can I?" He moaned himself, his fangs coming out and ready to bite.