What's in a dungeon?

Gavan Fallwick, Archmage Eternal

Gavan walked through the streets of his city, his home, the Capitol of the kingdom... and he felt disgusted. In the past the streets of the human had been paved with gold, the buildings enchanted and statues filled the parks, the entire city a glorious gleaming heap of praise to their creator, their god, and their own race. 

Now, the gold was gone- sold to help keep the nation afloat until it rebuilt itself and recovered from the apocalyptic event that was the loss of their system. The streets were cobblestone, now, and no amount of effort could quite remind the people of their old city, seeing as all of the people here had never seen it- aside from him and one other woman. But her memories were sealed in a way that let her be reborn every time she died. Not quite the immortality he'd sought. 

So, he thought through is options, wanting to clean and restore his city while he could- with changes to account for the incredibly weakened magic of the people in the modern day. After deciding on his spell, he opened his book to hide what he was doing- part of what was required to receive this gift- and muttered a word he hadn't spoken in ages. "Status." 

Immediately, a screen appeared and he smiled, eyes reveling in a sight all at once intimately familiar and long-since lost to him. His soul felt an ache he'd forgotten was there fade away as his soul was restored and healed. The system was a representation of the soul- every aspect of a person made visible as the soul gave it's body knowledge about itself. Upon earning enough divinity, or 'stat points' through ones actions, they could change what their soul displayed, which changed their body physically in turn. 

He and every other human had long ago lost the part of their soul that allowed them to see this screen, and it was only restored upon becoming an adventurer. As such, each human- without the ability to control their earned divinity- had their 'stat points' placed by their soul into what it believed they needed. However, without communication between the two expressions of the self, the soul couldn't understand what the body wanted, nor the body what the soul a chosen to do. Obviously, the disconnect led to... issues. 

Those with higher faith earned more divinity than others, but it was difficult to notice. You needed hundreds to earn extra 'stat points'. Of course, given his age, and his actions, he smiled at the screen before him and the one hundred and ninety three level-ups waiting for him. He'd spoken to his soul in that last moment, the moment before he lost communication... asked it to save his divinity to assign later, when he reclaimed his soul. He finally had, and allowed the level-ups to flood him with a kind of progression he literally hadn't had in centuries. 

He let his and his soul's desires mix, and found most of his hundreds of points entering wisdom, giving him brand new ideas and concepts, along with countless new ideas and possibilities to take advantage of. However, a full one hundred points was placed into charisma- bringing it from only mildly below average, too well over one hundred. He shivered, feeling his skin change and his muscles adapt to reflect the change. He looked down, noting that his clothing was now slightly tighter over his body, though the old robes remained comfortable. He smiled, very happy with his choice, though he did wonder what would've happened if he'd chosen vitality or faith. Either way, it was far too late now. 

He looked over his screen, allowing the system time to re-integrate itself with his soul and body, the bridge reforming as it needed too. Once that was finished, he could cast his spell, and the city would be restored to it's normal state. An idea he relished. 

Name: Gavan Fallwick (Gavin Son-of-none)

Title(s): Archmage Eternal, Humanity's Savior, Chosen of Epithemeus, Fallen from Grace, Reclaimer of the Past, Ancient Father, First of the Bloodline, Teacher of the Impossible, Battlemage, Herald of the Apocalypse, Death's Rider, Champion of the Heavens and Hells, Hope Killer, etc... (You have a lot, you're old, don't let it get to your head.)