Imagine 13: The Mistress

"Not tonight hun, my wife is cooking tonight."
"You gone eat it?"
"Yes the fuck? That's my wife."
"Okay, whatever. Just know that my door is unlocked for after you get in a fight with Wifey." Maliyah said while washing her hands at the nail salon. She walked back over to the chair and waited on the nail tech.
"There's not gonna be a fight." Steph replied over the phone. Maliyah rolled her eyes as the nail tech started putting a clear coat on her acrylics.
"You say that everyday, and what happens? You wake up in my bed because Alicia done kicked you out of yours."
"Stop. You know that's not her name. Be respectful. She still got a ring and you don't."
"You know what? You can get the hell off my phone. And sleep in your fucking car since you wanna be disrespectful."
"You started it. I'm not gonna let you disrespect the mother of my children like that." Maliyah sighed.
"You're right, I'm sorry."
"I forgive you. Imma send you the money for your nails but I gotta go. I'm pulling up at the gym."
"Okay, I'll see you later?" She asked hopeful.
"No. I already told you..." Maliyah let out a noise of frustration, "tomorrow."
"Whatever bye." She muttered double tapping her AirPod. She rolled her eyes one last time before refocusing in on her nails.

*****

"SHE GET ON MY FUCKING NERVES BRO EVERYTHING IS AN ARGUMENT WITH HER!" Steph rushed in red in the face. A startled Maliyah flinched as her hand accidentally touched the hot pan she was using. She hissed, quickly turning the pan down before rinsing her hand under cold water.
"Damn nigga you scared the shit outta me!"
"I'm sorry, she just won't stop arguing with me! As soon as I walk in she goes 'Where you been?' I say 'Work' and she goes 'With who?' Like what the fuck does that mean?!" He vented coming into the kitchen. Maliyah dried her hands and went over to hug him. Steph sighed hugging her back. He kissed her forehead before hugging her tighter.
"Maybe she's just worried. I mean you are cheating on her so she really does have every right to worry."
"But it's not just the cheating. Every little thing I do she is nagging me about why I do it. Like this morning, I go to brush my teeth in the guest bathroom because she's using our bathroom and she goes, 'why you using that bathroom when we have one in our room?' CAUSE I DONT WANT MY BREATH TO SMELL LIKE PISS DAMN!" Steph released from the hug and left the kitchen to lay on the couch. Maliyah turned her food off and went to join him. Choosing to straddle him.
"It's going to be alright. Maybe she's just going through a phase." She reasoned.
"Yeah well I'm going through a 'I want a Divorce phase' but it don't seem to be going away." Maliyah perked up hearing 'divorce'. Never once had Steph EVER mentioned leaving his wife, no matter how many times they fought previously. Steph sighed sitting up with Maliyah still on his lap. He stared deep into her eyes before kissing her. Maliyah deepened the kiss, grabbing him by his face to pull him closer. Steph broke the kiss to pull his shirt off and Maliyah followed suit. The two sat there for a good 10 minutes just kissing and feeling. Finally, Maliyah stood and pulled Steph off the couch, leading him to her bedroom.