𖣔Chapter 13: Campfire stories𖣔

-y/n's pov-
"Who's going first?" Fishlegs called out, barely audible over the munching of chicken and crackling of fire.

"Y/n!"

"Y/n should."

"Y/n."

Was all I heard over the crackle and pops.

"Fine. We, me, Hiccup and Astrid, had been kidnapped on a dragon hunter ship. The ship had been set of fire by someone, I couldn't tell who..."

Fire. All I saw was fire. The smouldering heat felt like being inside a furnace, boiled alive, skin so dry you couldn't swallow.
I remember seeing his face, torn with guilt- Astrid or me? It felt obvious to me, why should he die for someone he's just met as I had the most amount of fire in front of me and he'd be burnt alive trying to save me. It was Astrid he needed to save. Nocked out and more vulnerable, he knew her better and loved her. I told him to take her, leave me. Save her.
The blaze grew steadily closer and I felt like screaming and yelling till I couldn't anymore, but I had to escape, to see him once more. I unlocked the chains with the rusty key Hiccup had chucked to me and I grasped the sharpest thing on my belt, a spike from (d/n)'s tail, and began to hack at the thick ropes tying me to the boat, falling over once they release their boa-like grip around my ribs.
Cheek straight into the fire, the pain flared through me like molten lava, filling my veins and overwhelming my brain.
(D/n) swooped in and picked me from the wreck, before plummeting into the sea, exhausted.
A black shape carrying a young girl flew overhead, circled once, then slowly flew off as bubbles bopped up into my vision line from my open mouth.
I wake up in a comfy wooden bed, a sheepskin blanket coating my frail body, (D/n) wrapped around a deer carcass on the floor. I was alive. I had survived. I just needed to find Hiccup.

"And that's how I'm alive now." I concluded, looking around at the shocked faces, resting in Hiccups face,ca mix of surprise and relief showing in his eyes and lips. "Who next?"

"I'll go!" Snotlout yelled before anyone could breathe.

"When Hiccup came back with Astrid, I knew she needed me so-" Astrid punched him harshly in the ribs. "Ow fine! She needed help. Happy?"
"Not particularly." Snotlout rolled his eyes whilst everyone else laughed at Astrid's remark.
"Anyways, Hiccup went into a fit of depression and Gobber had to be chief for a few weeks till he felt up to his duties, blah blah blah, and Astrid was all he cared about. I had to help around the island and of course I was the best helper ever-"
"Anyone else?" I cut him off this time. "Sorry Snot but I need to know what actually happened, not the world in the Snot view."

"I'll go next."  Astrid muttered. I shuffled closer to Hiccups chest and nodded to her to start.she frowned a little but started all the same.

"well Snotlout had some of it right, Hiccup had been really depressed and neglected his cheifing duties. It was all pretty normal until one day, Hiccup stormed out of the great hall complaining about a migraine," she paused to give him a death glare which caused him to twitch involuntarily. I looked up at him, then let my face wander to Astrid's feet, atop her axe. What happened?

"A figure who looked like you appeared claiming she was your twin." My heart beat pounded in my ears and I jumped up.

"What's her name?"

"Christina."

"Impossible."

"Why?" Hiccup whispered in my ear.

"She was killed by Drago. I saw it."

———————————————
New chapter up!! On a winning streak!

Posting soon lovelies

Ender xxx