Tell Me You Love Me

1831

Ninette's POV

The holidays have come and gone. After Christmas, Enjolras and I have gotten even closer. As the revolution grows, our love grows with it. The only thing is that we have yet to say the words. I'm sure they will come with time. Besides, we have a revolution to run.

Today we have our big rally. General Lamarque has fallen ill, which has made Enjolras more anxious and ready to build the barricades. However, we are not fully ready for it. Though our Amis are ready to fight, we need the people of Paris to join us, otherwise we are outnumbered.

The Amis set up for the rally and I gather fliers to pass out with Eponine. Enjolras comes over and gently kisses my cheek. "This is going to be a big rally today. Surely the people will have sympathy to our cause?"

I turn to him and adjust his jacket. He has a look of excitement with a hint of panic in his eyes. "Calm yourself, Adrian. With your speech, and with the current status of General Lamarque, the people will rise." I reassure him. My hand gently brushes through his curls.

He grabs my hand and kisses my palm. "You are my angel, Ninette."

"Enjolras! We are ready!" Calls out Courfeyrac. Enjolras gives me a quick kiss and heads up onto the podium. I meet with Jaque, and we wait at the opposite ends of the podium to pass out fliers. Soon enough we were surrounded by old and new revolutionaries, students, the poor, and beggars.

Enjolras looks to me, and I give him a nod and a reassuring smile. He takes the opportunity to start his speech.

The people cheer and chant as Enjolras gives his speech. I am so proud of him. We are interrupted by the guard showing up. The crowd starts running off, and we begin passing out as many fliers as we can. The guards start chasing us out of the court.

Enjolras tried to protect me by staying in front of me, but they were almost running over a child. So, I swooped out to rescue her.

"Ninette, stop!" Enjolras warned, but it was too late. The horse cried out and raised to it's back legs. I pushed the child out of the way, just as the hooves came down and knock me to the gound. I felt a sharp pain in my side. "NINETTE!"

I placed my hand to my side and pulled it back to find blood. "Damn." I curse quietly. I look up to see if I could find Enjolras, but he couldn't get to me. Luckily, Courf and Gavroche came to my rescue. Courfeyrac picked me up and ran as fast as he could back to the cafe. Everything turned blurry.

"Courf...where's... Adrian?" My question came out very faint. Courfeyrac just shushed me.

"I'm taking you to him. Hang in there, Ninette! Stay with me." He says in short breath from running.

I tried, but soon everything turned black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Enjolras's POV

The guards were running us off. I kept Ninette behind me for safety. Suddenly, Ninette swoops under my arm and into the police's view. "Ninette, stop!" I warn, but she couldn't hear me.

The horse cries out and Ninette falls to the ground. "NINETTE!" I try to get to her, but I was stuck in the crowd. I look back over and see Courfeyrac pick her up, making me sigh in temporary relief.

When I could finally get out of the crowd, Gavroche approached me and told me where Courfeyrac took Ninette. I ran as fast as my feet could carry me.