Felix

Ninette's POV

It's been a few months since Enjolras invited me into Les Amis de l'ABC. I do my best every day to make sure Enjolras doesn't regret this decision.

Today Musichetta invited Eponine and I to lunch at her home before our meeting at the cafe. Our laughter filled the air as we filled our conversation with local gossip.

Eponine smiled at me. "So, Ninette, how does it feel to officially be a Ami? I still can't believe the man of stone let you in." She says with astonishment.

I let out a small chuckle and sigh softly, my smile wavering. "Although I am happy, I can't help, but think, that Enjolras was going to say something else that night."

"Oh?"

"What do you think he was going to say?" Asked Musichetta.

With a shrug of my shoulders, my eyes sadden. "I don't know...Maybe that he felt something for me? But I was wrong. Perhaps I was wrong in thinking I ever had a chance with him, too." I say with another sigh. "I really like him, but I was foolish to think he could ever feel that way for me. Perhaps I was meant to be alone, and die alone. Perhaps Felix was right...."

Next thing I knew, two small pillows hit me in the face. "Oof! What the hell?" I look at my two friends to find them glaring at me with their arms crossed. "What?"

"Ninette Victoria Bellerose! You shall not say such things!" Scolds Musichetta.

"Felix is an asshole. He was not right about anything!" Eponine states in agreement with Musichetta.

I stand up and wrap my arms around myself. "I still find myself plagued with him in my dreams. Of that night...."

"What even happened that night? You only told us so much about Felix. You never told us the story." Asked Musichetta, who lead me to sit on one of the sofas. Eponine sat on the other side of me.

"I met Felix at a party that my family and I attended. I was having so much fun. Dancing with everyone who asked. Then he caught my eye. We courted for 3 months, then came that night. He told me that he was to be away that day on business, but he lied." My eyes stare ahead as the memory flooded back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Flashback 1829

"Jaque, you are slower than a snail! I'm leaving without you!" I yell at my brother, then rush off to the market.

I'm so excited. I'm going to get my new dress. I really hope Felix likes it.

I make my way inside the dress shop. I am greeted by the owner. "Miss Bellerose! You are just in time! We have just finished your dress. Please, follow me, and we will get you fitted." The enthusiastic woman grins and takes my arm, leading me into the back.

The seamstresses helped me into my dress and I looked in the mirror. "It's beautiful! Absolutely wonderful!"

 "It's beautiful! Absolutely wonderful!"