Liam Mathews.

Rachel's Pov
It's been a month or so with the 126 and I love it so much. For the first time in six years I actually have a family. I was sweeping out the stations garage where they keep the trucks when someone I wish I never saw comes up to me. "Hey Rach. What are you doing here. Did you get a job as a cleaning lady."
Liam Mathews, my ex, said as he slaps me hard across the face. By now almost the whole crew has noticed Liam and I was getting mad. "Is this why you left me! So you could spend all day around guys!" I didn't respond wishing he would go away but of course he picks my head up and and punches me this time right in the corner of my jaw, his rings cutting my face and making me bleed. By now I'm furious and I can't hold it back any more.
I catch him off guard with a blow to the right side of his nose before yelling at him. "LIAM I LEFT YOU SEVEN YEARS AGO WHY COME BACK NOW." I yell making everyone's attention turn towards me. "Because you have no one anymore Rachel and your week. Why else." "Liam I think you should leave" I say not wanting to get kicked out of the 126 for fighting. "Why so you can get back to the boys over there. Rach your the only girl here I know what you are trying to do. You are trying to do the same thing I tried to do seven years ago when I joined the dance team. I HATED being around you, you make me sick."
"'If you hated me SO MUCH than why wouldn't you let me break up with you until I saw you making out with my best friend!" He went to punch me again but this time he didn't hit me. His fist was stopped by non other than Captain Strand.
He nodded his head over to Marjan, Mateo, and TK and I run over to them before heading up to where all our beds were. I burst through the door and sat on the side of my bed with my head in my hands. At this point I have forgotten about the blood dripping down my face until TK brings a first aid kit over and wipes away the blood. I'm still crying with my head on Mateo's shoulder and his and Marjan's hands are rubbing circles on my back trying to calm me down. Why did Liam find me. What's he's deal we were together for a few months seven YEARS ago.
"Rachel. Can I ask you something?" Mateo asked. "Sure what's up." I say sitting so I was facing him. "What did Liam mean when he said you have nothing" I inhaled deeply before replying to Mateo. He deserved to know. They all did.
"Well you know how my father passed away the night of the explosion. Well that was when I was fourteen. Two years before that I lost my mom to cancer. So ya I've had no family for about six years. I've been living by myself since I was fifteen. I spent a year with my best friend but she moved in with her boyfriend the next year. So ya that's what he means by I have or technically HAD nothing."
I look around and all three of them have a confused look on their faces on why I said I HAD nothing. "This is the first time I've felt like I have a family in six years. I actually feel like I have a purpose again. And you" I turned to face Marjan. "You are one of the best people I know it's been years since I've had a real true friend." "And you" I turned to TK this time "if it wasn't for you helping me your first day here I would have gone home and probably beaten myself up for disappointing even more people and for making a fool out of myself in front of strangers." "And if it wasn't for you" now facing Mateo again. "If you hadn't been coming up the stairs the other day I would have collapsed down the stairs because of how hard I worked myself" "and if it wasn't for Paul I probably would have died the other day doing bench presses if he hadn't came out of the bathroom when he did." "And of it wasn't for your dad" I said pointing at TK " I wouldn't be here right now, I would have never met any of you and if it wasn't for your dad just now.
I'd be in the hospital because of what Liam would have done to me." As I finish talking I'm pulled into a group hug and we decided to check and see how things are going. As we are headed down the stairs I see Liam getting arrested. Once the have left and aren't in sight I head down the rest of the stairs to ask why he got arrested. " well apparently that ex of yours has been wanted for robbery, and kidnapping but they hadn't been able to locate him until now when Strickland made the connection and called the police."
I look over at Paul and run over to him and give him a hug. "Thank you" I whispered just loud enough for him to hear before the alarm went off. We all got into our stuff and hopped in the truck in record time. Then again we were all eager to move on from what just happened especially me. I was the first one in the truck followed by Marjan, TK, Mateo, Paul, Judd, and captain Strand.

Love y'all so much