Welcom back.

Hey everyone. I know this story doesn't follow the same timeline as the show does and especially these past and up coming chapters but please don't hate on me for that.

Rachel's Pov
As I woke up the next morning I was greeted by not only Grace and Judd, but also Marjan, Owen, and Michell. "What are you guys doing here?" I asked them. "Well last night when you fell asleep, your doctor came in and told us that as far as they knew you are both mentally and physically okay and tomorrow when you are able to leave you are able to slowly get back to work." Grace spoke with a huge smile on her face. "REALLY! can start back soon?!" I asked my face lighting up. "Yes. You will be able to start back soon.  But take it easy okay" Owen said smiling. Something was off with him but I didn't question it.
I was so happy that I was gonna get back to work because I HATE not doing anything, especially the things I love. It killed me knowing that it's been a week since I've done anything really.
I looked up at the clock that was in my room and saw it was 7:17am. I quickly shooed everyone out and told them to get to work or else they would be late.
The day went by fast as I took the time to sleep. A Lot. Something I hadn't been able to do for years.
At the end of the day TK and Carlos stopped by to chat for a bit. "So tell me Officer Reyes, did you put any bad guys away today?" I asked smirking as I knew Carlos hated it when friends or family called him Officer Reyes while he was off duty. "Why yes Mrs. Marrie. I did" he replied knowing I as well hated being called by my last name off duty unless it was for a specific reason. "Touché . But did you" I said and sat upright on my bed. "Yes. Three in fact" Carlos replied sitting on one side of the foot of the bed while TK sat on the other side. "Oh please tell me what they did. I'm dying for a good story." I said making both boys let out a soft chuckle. "Well you know I can't tell the whole story but what I can tell you is that they were armed robbers who took 27 people hostage and were arrested at the mall down the street." I looked at him and asked "you didn't get hurt, did you?" He kinda just smiled and said "no. Don't you worry. I didn't get hurt. No one did" Both TK and I let out a sigh of relief we didn't know we were holding in. After a while of us just chatting I started getting tired. Again!
TK noticed and asked if I wanted them to stay the night of if I'd be okay in my own. "Guys. Go home I'll be fine. Don't worry. I'll see you soon but for now go get some sleep." I said as they both got up. We said our goodbyes and I watched as they walked out the door and down the hall before drifting into a dreamless sleep.

The next morning
As morning came I awoke to see a very happy Marjan. We waited on my doctor to say I was for sure good to go before I changed into my station shirt and pair of black shorts Marjan brought for me and headed out of the hospital. "I feel like I need to go on a run. How about you?" I asked Marjan as we made our way to her car. "How about since it's 6:30a.m we head to the station and run around the block till our shift starts. How does that sound?" She asked looking over to me as a smile grew on my face.

Time skip
As Marjan and I walked down the stairs fully changed and ready for our work day, we walk into the kitchen area and were greeted by a very calm Judd, a relaxed Paul, and an extremely agitated Mateo. "Well if it isn't sleeping beauty" Paul said standing up and hugging me. "Nice to see you too Paul" I said as he let me go. "Hey. How you feeling kiddo." Judd said as I made my way over to him and sat down beside him. "I'm doin' good. What about you and Grace? Y'all thinking about expanding family yet?" I asked lowering my voice so only he could hear the last part. "We're doin' good, but I'm just not sure I'm ready for that yet."
It wasn't long until Tim and Nancy walked in and embraced me in a tight hug. "It's good to have to back Rachel" Tim said while patting my shoulder and heading back to the ambulance with Nancy.
It's good to be back.

Hey y'all. Sorry for the short chapter. The next will be longer I promise. Thank you so much for reading and I hope you continue to enjoy
Love at First Call