Ch. 5 Evil Spirits and Labonairs

Rory woke up early the next morning. She checked on her daughters. Hope had her eyes clenched shut and Lilly had her back to her. She watched both of them, knowing that neither was asleep. "Girls?" she said.

Lilly rolled over, looking at her mother. "What's wrong?" Rory asked, sitting down on the bed.

"We don't think the Hollow is gone," Lilly said.

"Why would you say that?" Rory asked.

"We had a nightmare," Hope told her.

"Girls, the Hollow is gone. And even if it isn't, no one is going to hurt you two, okay?" Rory asked.

"We're not worried about us," Lilly said, glancing at her sister. "We're worried about Dad."

Rory looked between them. "Your dad has survived a very, very long time. He is a lot stronger than he looks. He's not going to leave you two again, okay?" she asked.

"But what if the Hollow got to him?" Hope asked.

Rory thought back to the night before, remembering Klaus getting stuck in the ring of fire. "Then we'll fix it, okay?" she asked. They nodded. "Okay," she said. She kissed Lilly on the head then Hope. "Go back to sleep. And actually get some sleep this time. They gave her small smiles and nods. She left the room to go back to her own. 

Klaus was still laying in bed, asleep. He was muttering in his sleep, making her assume he was having a nightmare. She sat down on the bed and nudged his shoulder. "Klaus?" she said, and received no response. "Klaus, it's okay."

He gasped awake, and his hand immediately grabbed a hold of his fiancé's throat. He wasn't fully awake, however, and Rory broke his arm out of instinct. Within a second she was on top of him with her own hand around his throat.

Realizing that he had just attacked her, Klaus relaxed. "It- it's me," he managed, patting her arm to signal that he was giving up.

Rory let go of his throat. "What was that?" she asked.

"I'm sorry. I didn't realize it was you," he told her.

"Well, you better be happy it was me and not one of the girls," she told him.

Klaus glanced at the open door, the fact that he could have easily just attacked one of his daughters instead of his fiancé just hitting him. "Bloody hell," he muttered, rubbing his eyes.

Rory gave him a look of pity, her adrenaline fading. "What were you dreaming about?" she asked.

"It's not important," he said.

"You just attacked me, I think it is pretty damn important," she told him.

He looked up at her. "My father," he admitted.

Rory sighed, knowing how Klaus felt towards his father. She looked at his arm which was still sitting at an odd angle. "Let me see your arm," she said.

"I can get it, my love," he said.

"Let me see it, Klaus," she said.

He frowned but didn't push her away. "When did you start dreaming about Mikael again?" she wondered, gently taking his arm.

"Last night," he told her.

She frowned. "Are you going to tell Elijah?" she asked.

"No," he said.

"He's your brother. If your seeing your father again, he should know," she said, moving her hands up his arm towards where it was broken.

"I don't think it's like last time, my- ahh," he said, groaning as she popped the bone in his arm back into place.