Ch. 11 Monsters

A/N: I already said that this chapter was gonna have a lot of changes, but I forgot to mention that it is really long. Almost 7000 words long. So, get comfy because while it is really long, you want to stick around till the very end of this one.

I also have songs before some of the scenes. The first one is I get to Love You by Ruelle. I listened to it while editing and I just thought it was perfect for the scene. The second one is Give Me Love by Ed Sheeran. That song is the song actually playing for the rest of the chapter. I highly recommend listening to both.

Hope and Lilly looked out the window of their room. "The Hollow, she's getting stronger," Hope said, as their father entered the room.

"You can sense her?" Klaus asked.

"It's not hard to tell even if you can't," Lilly said, continuing to look out the window.

"When we first got here, there was always music outside, people dancing, laughing," Hope told him.

"But now that she's back, there's silence. Like she's draining everything out of the city," Lilly explained.

They turned towards Klaus, who was watching them in concern. "She already took Uncle Elijah. And soon she'll come for the rest of us," Hope said.

Klaus kneeled down in front of the two girls. "Listen, girls, I know you're scared. But over the years a lot of bad people have stood against our family, and all of them have fallen. The Hollow is no different," he told them.

"No, she is different," Hope said.

|

Rory hadn't been able to bring herself to go see Elijah the night before. She was finally standing next to him now, looking down at the Original. "It would be really nice if you could just wake up, but I'm guessing you're not gonna do that," she muttered. She sighed. "I'm not mad, by the way. A little disappointed, but not mad."

She continued to look down at him, but nothing happened. She heard a cracking sound and turned around. She picked up the pendant from where it was dangling from an old candelabra. There was a small crack running through it and even as she watched the crack grew. "Of freaking course," she muttered, running out of the room to find Freya and Klaus.

|

"Despite the spell I cast, the very integrity of the pendant is growing unstable," Freya said, sitting the pendant on the table. Klaus and Rory stood across the table from the witch. "It won't be able to hold Elijah's soul much longer. We need to find a way to resurrect him tonight, or we could lose him forever."

"To do that, we need more power," Rory said.

"Let me guess, a grand sacrifice," Klaus added.

"I say we kill our enemy and sacrifice her, then I can channel the power from the Hollow's death, raise Elijah's body, and place him back where he belongs," Freya told them.

"We've tried everything," Rory reminded.

"And we've come close. Labonair blood is her Achilles' heel. Rory, your blood weakened her, but you've technically been dead for years. So it won't be strong enough to kill her. If we forge a blade using the blood of the last living Labonairs..." Freya trailed off as the two parents frowned at her.