Ch. 12 Hope

Kol and Davina left once the wedding was over, wanting to get out of New Orleans at last. Marcel, Josh and Mary all went home. Rory wasn't sure when Hayley went home or if she had at all.

It was well into the day when any of the Mikaelson got up. They decided to leave both hybrids alone. Rebekah checked in on her nieces for them.

Rory wasn't really sure what time it was when she woke up. She had seen light peeking through the window before she fell asleep, but it was clear that it was well into the day when she woke up. Klaus was already sitting up next to her, a sketch pad in his hands. He sat it on the nightstand when he heard her stir. He leaned down, placing a kiss on her neck and slowly moving down to her shoulder.

"Mmm, hi," she mumbled.

"Good morning, Mrs. Mikaelson," he whispered.

Rory smiled as she rolled onto her back to look at him. "I'm pretty sure it's not morning, Mr. Mikaelson," she said.

He leaned down to kiss her. She pushed herself up on her elbow as she kissed him, before trying to reach over the other hybrid and grab the sketch pad. Unfortunately, she wasn't that sneaky and her arms weren't that long. "No," Klaus said, pulling away from her. He pushed the sketch pad off the nightstand and onto the floor.

Rory let out a whine. "Come on. Were you drawing me again?" she asked, smirking at him. "You haven't done that in a while."

"I haven't had time to do that in a while," he said.

"Can I please see?" she wondered.

"Maybe once it's done," he said.

Rory rolled her eyes. "Fine," she said, dramatically. Klaus chuckled. She sat up, pulling the sheet around herself. "I need to shower and go check on the girls," she said.

Klaus nodded. Rory stood up with the sheet around her, moving towards the bathroom. She glanced back, finding Klaus trying to reach the sketchpad once again. She rolled her eyes. "I was hoping my husband would join me for the first part of that," she said, giving him a look.

Klaus looked up at her as she dropped the sheet to the floor and headed into the bathroom. "I'll be right there," he said.

|

Rory had gotten dressed and checked on Lilly. She saw Klaus heading out and quickly blocked his path. "Hi," she said, hoping he was still in a good mood.

"I know that look, you need something. While I would rather not have you mad at me for at least the first week of this marriage, can it wait? I'm off to see Marcel," he told her, moving past her.

"We only did one part of our conversation from last night. I want to talk about the other one," she said.

He turned around to face her. "Little wolf, you're my wife now. We have only been married a few hours and I would rather us not talk about this today," he told her.

"I don't want to fight either, but we need to have a real conversation about that and what's best for the girls," she said.

"But can this not wait until I have talked to Marcel?" he asked.

"Why can't that wait?" she wondered.

"Because I would rather not have Marcel storm in here to kick us out of his city," he told her.

"After last night, maybe he's changed his mind. Either way, I want to talk about this and I know you are gonna put this off," she snapped.

Klaus sighed, walking back over to her. "I promise, we will talk about this. Later," he said.