Ch. 6 Four

Rory walked into the compound, looking around at all the decorations. Klaus was standing on the balcony, watching as people decorated. "We were heading out and now we're throwing a party, I see," she said.

"One that will be attended by New Orleans' most influential creatures," Klaus told her.

Rory nodded. "You do realize everyone hates you now more than ever?" she asked.

Klaus smiled. "But they love Marcel, and as the invite states, he is the cohost. Tonight, we celebrate our truce," he said.

"So, you're throwing a fake party in honor of a fake truce, and your guest of honor is in a dungeon," she said.

"Marcel's attendance would only complicate matters," Klaus said, walking downstairs. "Besides, I'll have my hands full weeding out those in league with the Hollow."

Rory nodded. "Have fun with that," she said.

Klaus frowned coming to stand next to her. "I thought you might be in attendance tonight," he said.

"As fun as your party sounds, I have my own things tonight," she said.

"Rory, we-"

"I know I should be here, Klaus," she said, interrupting him. "But I have put your family over everything in my life for so long. Tonight I need to put mine first."

He nodded. "Alright," he said.

"Good," she said. "Hope and Lilly are with Hayley and Mary. I'm just looking for Freya."

"What do you need her for?" he wondered.

"Just a favor," she said.

He raised an eyebrow and she knew she was going to have to tell him her plan.

|

"Although there is one matter that needs to be addressed so that things aren't awkward," Freya was saying. Rory stepped into Rousseau's, smiling at the witch. She furrowed her brows when she noticed Keelin sitting next the the Mikaelson at the bar. "Speaking of which," Freya said, turning to look at her.

"Yeah," Keelin agreed.

|

"I like her, for what it's worth," Rory told the witch. They were sitting at the bar together while Keelin played darts.

Freya chuckled. "We're friends," she said.

"And I said the same thing even after I was pregnant with Hope when people asked about Klaus," Rory told her.

Freya gave her a look. "All the same, I should've told you she was still here. I'm sorry I didn't," she said.

"Well, you can make up for it by doing me a favor," Rory said, leaning closer to the witch. "I learned about the man who killed my parents. He was connected to the Hollow. I was just a baby when they were killed. I don't remember it, but I- I do know where they were killed. I was hoping, maybe, with your spells and your witchcraft..."

"You want me to do a reading," Freya said. "Rory, violent death has a very specific energy. I could conjure up whatever there is to see, but you might not like it."

"It doesn't matter," Rory told her. "I don't have a choice."

|

Rory and Freya walked up to the house where the hybrid had once lived. The sun had set and it was pitch black. Rory moved her flashlight around from the doorway, inspecting the place. It was pretty obvious no one had been there in twenty five years. The furniture was destroyed, there was dirt everywhere and spider webs.