Ch. 10 Elijah

"Rebekah and Kol just landed," Klaus informed his fiance and sister. The other two Originals had headed back to New Orleans once they watched at least twenty vampires drop dead at a vampire club. All of Elijah's sire line had died with him. "I assured them we're mere moments from returning our brother to life. Don't make me a liar," Klaus told the witch.

She had just placed a bowl on the table. "I can't resurrect Elijah until I'm certain his mind is whole," Freya told him.

"Well, you saved Finn with that very trinket. What's the problem?" Klaus asked, gesturing to the broken pendant.

"When that pendant was shattered, Elijah's mind shattered with it. He's most likely retreated to the innermost core of his conciousness," Freya told her brother as she continued to set up her spell.

"How do we find that?" Rory wondered. She had been silently leaning against the wall at the back of the room.

"I don't know. It could be anywhere in over a thousand years of memories, but if I try fixing the pendant before finding him and healing his mind, he'll be permanently fractured. Like casting a broken bone before it's been properly set," Freya explained.

"Spare me the medical analogies and fix him," Klaus snapped.

"I need to go inside and find him. Once I'm sure his mind is stable, then I fix the pendant," Freya snapped back.

"Well, then stop talking and get in there," Klaus told her.

Rory had walked up next to him as the two spoke and now took his arm. "Let's go for a walk," she said. She led Klaus out of the room and into the courtyard. She turned towards him once they were out of the room. "You have to calm down," she said.

"What is that supposed to mean?" he asked.

"It means that we all know that out of everyone on the planet, no one loves Elijah more than you. I know that, whether you two are willing to admit that or not. But we all love Elijah and you yelling at Freya isn't going to help. So you're job today is to leave," she told him.

Klaus raised an eyebrow at her. "Did you really just kick me out of my own house?" he asked.

Rory nodded. "Yeah, I did. Like you told the girls yesterday, you may be the king, but I'm the queen. The minute Rebekah and Kol get here I want you gone so I can help Freya with whatever she needs to get Elijah back," she said.

Klaus smiled. "Fine," he said, walking upstairs without another word.

Rory sighed and headed back to help Freya.

|

"You actually think you can pull this off?" Rory asked Freya. Most of the spell was set up already.

"I don't know. I've never actually tried this before," Freya said, moving towards the white circle she had drawn on the floor.

"Freya," Rory said, stopping her. "There are a thousand years of memories in there. How will you know which is the right one?"

"He'll recognize me. If I can find the core of his being or whatever memory he's clinging to, I'll pull him out," Freya told her.

Rory frowned. She didn't really like relying on how well Freya knew Elijah. Yes, they were siblings, but Freya and him had only actually known each other for six years. The hybrid didn't say anything, however.

Freya walked over to the white circle she had painted on the floor and laid down inside it. She began chanting as Rory watched her, then the witch fell unconscious.