Chapter 29

April came around and that's when things got packed again. With the month going past, we would be looking forward to wrapping up the semester for the second time. I got a handful of things and tasks to get to work on to finish up our remaining topics. This semester hadn't been as long as the last one. My issues had long left me, my mind was healthily focused on keeping my grades on par, my counselor kept being supportive every single week, and the date for graduation grew closer and closer.

----------

When I went to go back to see her that Saturday, I updated her on my mentality and where I was in school. She was glad to hear positive things were happening lately.

"So, you're not getting too stressed on stuff, right?"

"No", I said, "I think I pretty much got things, now. There are times where I do feel a tad, keyword TAD tangled up, but I find my way out of it."

"Great. As I once said, time and effort will help you get out of your situations. You just have to be patient and not focus so much on the future."

"I know the future will be full of most things good. I say most because challenges and opponents will come at me still."

"Yeah, let's not call everything all right and happy sunshine just yet", she said gesturing, "you still have a few weeks of school left. How is the getting into drama thing going?"

"Oh that? I almost forgot about that. Glances still come my way and they still do make me uncomfortable, but I just block them out of my mind and keep going."

"That's awesome", she complimented, "So that anger control thing with them is pretty much gone now at this point, right?"

"Oh, absolutely. I mean after I beat two of them up last semester, I think they stayed off of me ever since."

"So they're a little scared of you now, huh?", she asked as we both laughed. She continued,

"Now, I wanted to ask you, you know now with the year ending and everything, do you feel you still need this for over the summer or do you think you're good on your own now?"

I pondered on the question. There WAS a possibility there would be more people I wouldn't like at college, but college was different and I might not wouldn't have as many enemies there like at this school.

"Because with you coming every Saturday and reporting that things are getting better, you're not getting angry as much anymore, and you're handling school pretty well, we're eventually going to run out of things you want me to help you with. Unless you have any other complications we should discuss about."

"Actually", I spoke before pausing, "I think I'll be okay in College. There, I might have more of a personal space to myself and not around other people. I highly doubt any of these girls here at Eden would transfer to the school I'm going to. So, in college, I might be happier."

"Okay. Yeah, that could be some good for you for the future. And I mean, yeah, college is way more different than any other high school or academy, so you could be making some progress over there."

I shook my head in approval.

"So with that being said", she spoke on, "we might have our last session some time this summer, then if that's fine with you. But if you're going back to any struggles whether it be mental or school related, you never be afraid to give me a call, okay?"

"Okay. But like I said, I should be alright. I'll just be really happy when all of this is gone and I can move on with my life. Once this Eden Hall bu- I mean trash is over, I can be lifted of any leftover tension."