Prologue

„Pay more attention to those who don't ask for help... pshh~ another crappy one," Tyler threw the slit of paper which started gliding around the car, eventually landing in the back next to Cody.

„Because you're always too lazy to think about the fortune," Marcel said as his cookie crumbled. (lol)

„Whatever," Tyler looked out the window.

Marcel read out his fortune, „The short people are always the tallest... okay yeah, I don't get these either." Cody carefully opened his fortune cookie.

„Mmm... the cookie itself is the best part though," Marcel said with a mouth full of cookie. Tyler rolled his eyes and ate the last piece of his.

„Look for the smile behind a glass wall... that's deep," Cody ate his cookie, no expression on his face. Tyler and Marcel snickered.

„Well, Evan," Tyler looked at Evan in the driver's seat who was already reading his fortune.

„Break through the mask..." he read out loud, „huh."

„You stay away from my mask." Cody joked, grabbing the greyish cat mask next to him. Tyler and Marcel snickered again. Evan smiled slightly, „Relax, nobody is gonna touch your mask."

„Good!"

Tyler sighed, „Actually, now that I think about it this was a horrible idea. Because now we're gonna be up all night trying to decipher our fortunes. And school starts tomorrow. Fuuuck."

„Did you at least cheer up a bit, Evan?" Marcel asked. „I think so..." Evan was still staring at his fortune.

„Home then?" Tyler narrowed his eyes at Evan. He definitely hasn't cheered up at all.

„Yup." Evan finally ate his cookie and started the car, putting the slit of paper under the brake handle.

Evan sighed as he saw Marcel disappearing into his home. He pulled out of the driveway and turned down the radio which the guys had wanted to blast at full volume while singing Firework by Katy Perry before. Heh. Nerds.

He was home in a matter of minutes. He pulled up in his house driveway and stopped the car, looking at the house next of him. His new neighbour who had visited the place a couple of times now because of moving stuff, was talking to a truck guy, probably the moving company truck.

„Might as well go say hello..." Evan mumbled out loud and stepped out. He walked towards the young woman.

„Hi again!" he put on a smile.

She turned around as the man disappeared into his truck. „Evan! Hi!" she grinned.

„Jeez, how much stuff do you have?" Evan joked.

„Well, most of this is Jonathan's since I'm travelling everywhere all the time and stuff."

Speak of the devil. The boy walked out of the house and picked up a box. Evan got stuck to staring at him again.

The brown hair that almost covered his eyes, extremely messy. His eyes that as if illuminated everything around him. They still pierced through Evan even in darkness. The same blue checkered blouse as last time.

He had haunted Evan's mind ever since he first caught a glimpse of him. And he STILL hadn't even talked to the guy.

„Your brother is still a mute, I see," he joked. She turned around and saw him disappearing into the house again. „Eh, he'll have to socialise eventually. He WILL socialise in the school. Hopefully..."

„What school did he enroll to?"

„Uhh... I don't remember the name haha. But it has like some free dress code thing going on or something..."

„That's where I go to...Freedom High School." „This is gonna be a problem, isn't it?" Evan thought.

„Oh, cool! Maybe you can interact with him more in there."

„Uhh..yeah...Welp, better get home. See you around, Charlotte,"Evan walked away.

„Bye!" Charlotte waved. She turned around and saw Jonathan picking up another box.

„You can't ignore everybody forever, you know," she pouted.

„Try me," he hissed and disappeared into the house again. Charlotte sighed.

„I'm home!" Evan shouted and kicked off his shoes.

„Welcome back at 11 pm!" his father was in the living room.

„Yeah, sorry. Wasn't really paying attention at the time." Evan chuckled slightly. His father turned his head and twisted his body a little around, looking at his son.

„As long as the car's fine, there's no problem."

„Actually...."

He stared at Evan intently, fake shock expression in his face. „Kidding. Nothing happened, the car's fine minus the litter my friends left there."

His father rolled his eyes and turned back to the TV, smiling. Thank the heavens Evan had such a chill dad.

„Anyway, I'm heading straight for bed."

„'Kay. Goodnight."

„Night."

Evan walked upstairs into his room and immediately plopped down on his bed. He checked his phone. Holy shit, it WAS 11 pm. Damn.

Evan yawned and stood up again, taking off his shirt and pants. He put on a random shirt as pyjamas. He laid down on his bed again, messing with the blanket for a moment before sighing and closing his eyes.

„Jonathan's a cool name..."

Hello and welcome to my High school!AU about the Vanoss crew. Are they even called the Vanoss crew? I don't even

Anyway, this is my first thing I have ever posted on Wattpad so be gentle. I used to be in Fanfiction.net and post one story there but that was like, 3 years ago or something. I write stuff in paper that I never publish anywhere. Mostly because my head is FULL of ideas. I try to write some of those ideas, but something else comes up and I just throw the writing away. But I have hopes for this story cause I have a lot of ideas still stuck on my mind. I have pre-written like, 5 chapters or something on paper too.

So if you like this little beginning, let me know in the comments and I'll post the first real chapter soon. Maybe this weekend.

Also, take note that English isn't my mother language. I'm actually Estonian.

Thanks for reading my crappy story. Scar-san OUT!

(Scar san is my Skype nickname btw)

EDITED 6.07.2015 - I seem to have a liking towards the word 'disappear' ._.