Adore

"Love? Why - why are you still awake?"
Harry squinted as he frowned on his girl whose head is bowed down on the dining table, his voice as gentle yet as in disbelief as it could be, yet it was still enough to wake you up from your shallow slumber.
"Hmm, what - Harry."
He took off his shoes and put them near the door as he couldn't bother to put them on their designated place because it now became the least of his worries when he pulled up a chair to sit beside you.
"You should be sleeping right now. S'everything alright? Do you have a fever or something?"
Harry asked, each question being harder to swallow than the previous as his lips were in a straight line and his brows concentratedly furrowed, a knot on his stomach.
You slightly chuckled, looking down on your lap only to look back up with a sheepish smile that only riled him up even more on why you're still awake.
"I wait for you whenever you're here so we could eat together, remember?"
Harry's got no words even if his lips are slightly parted open, a little feeling completely taking over him.
He's speechless even though the words are on the tip of his tongue simultaneously that he couldn't think properly.
Your hand went to his shoulder to loosen him up since he's still carrying the same expression he had on, leaned to his chair.
Harry looked up at you, taking in every single detail of how your eyes showed tiredness yet it was majorly covered by happiness.
It seemed like a simple move to anyone else but it really wasn't to Harry.
It wasn't his sentimentality that's bringing him but it's his adoration over you being so invested in him to the point he's waited on.
To the point even the simplest things matter.
Harry's a man of hardwork yet it was this that striked him so dearly, his head not being able to wrap over the fact that he's with someone who's sacrificed so much just to be with him.
"Oh my god."
He half-laughed and half-sobbed, rubbing his eyes as he felt warm droplets of tears come out of them, an almost shaky breath coming from him that it felt draining yet fulfilling at the same time.
"Ye - fuck."
Harry straightened up, straightening his figure as he put his elbows down the table while a blush appears on his cheeks, a smile with his bitten lip as he looked at you.
"I'm in love with you."

Not mine