Chapter:1

It was the same old morning but today instead of my chirping birds my neighbour's car horn woke me up. Even though my dad called me a princess, I never felt like one. I usually was more into books than those princess movies. Princesses were never my thing. When every girl in my school planned their beautiful pink parties, I dreamt of having a space themed party with rocket- shaped cookies and silver balloons.

The girls never wanted to be friends with me, they said I was weird. Neither did I ever try to fit in, I preferred to have an extra maths lecture instead of attending those girly parties.

My dad wanted me to, though. He used to say that I needed to make friends. He feared I would end up having no friends. He raised me more like a boy. We used to watch star wars all night and plan space voyages. He taught me to play baseball,but I don't remember anything now. He used to bring me books about cosmos and blackhole and rockets and galaxies and many different things and I loved reading them.

I knew I was different but in a good way. When other girls used to spend hours getting ready, I didn't bother to bathe for days. I know it's disgusting but i preferred spending that time reading another page and then another book.

Neither of the boys talked to me. They all were more into those perfect little pink dolls who used to cheer for them during their baseball games and dance with them in parties. I was neither of them. Back then girls were given the task if cheering and boys were the one to play. And that was the reason for the reaction i got when i tried out for baseball, a-non-girl-sport. They all stared at me as if I was an alien and was doing something strange and offensive. But I didn't care, I hit two home runs and was one of the best players to perform. Even though I performed well I wasn't selected, 'cause i was a girl.

*Flashback over*

I raised my body and sat upright on my bed. I picked my phone from the side table and turned off my alarm. I was still really sleepy, but i need to get ready as today was the day. 

Today, uhh. I sighed. It was finaly here.

Today i am suppose to leave for my university. The University Of California, berkeley. l still can't believe it.

Last week, when i came back from school, i found a letter of acceptance seated on my desk with a stick on it,' you did it, girl.' My dad also attended Berkeley and that's where he met my mum. Tall beautiful blond woman with ocean blue eye. I really miss her and wish she was here. I was two and half years  when she passed away. My dad never told me the reason till i turned sixteen. It was cancer.

I took a minute or two to calm myself, thinking about her usually makes me emotional. I got out of the bed and went straight to the bathroom. I took a relaxing shower. As the water touched my body it felt familiar. Every drop reminded me of a different memory, both sad and happy ones.

Soon i got out of the shower,wrapped a towel around body and came back to my room. I took the last pair of iron clothes from my closet, rest were in my suitcases down stairs waiting for me.

I got dressed, brushed my hair, applied so body lotion and went downstairs to have some breakfast.

My dad was in the kitchen, multitasking. He was making some oats while talking on phone. I slowly went past him to the refrigerator,pulled out a box of strawberries and a carton of milk. I kept them on the kitchen island and tapped on my dad's shoulder. He turned, there was a bit of guilt in his eyes, he gave me a guilty smile and left the kitchen.

I made us some oats with strawberries and honey and hot strong coffee. I was almost done setting the table when my dad walked in the dining room. He was sad and i could see the guilt in his eyes.

"Sorry Oli, i was supposed to make the breakfast but-"he said.

"No issues dad,it was my last chance i prepare you a breakfast." I reminded  him.

I could see tear arising in his eyes.I walked towards him and gave him a huge warm hug. It was a warm, peaceful hug. After a few moments, i let go of him.

We sat down at the table remembering old memories. When my phone started buzzing. I took the phone and left the room to answer it.

"Hello, is his Miss Olivia Becker?",the woman on the other side of the line said.

"Yes" I replied.

We talked for about fifteen minutes before she hung up. Her name was Mayra Davids, she was the incharge of the girls dormitory. She wanted to know what i decided about the dorm and was i going to live there. 

After discussing about the dorm with Mayra, when i came back in my dad was sitting on the bar chairs with his laptop and so paper. He spotted me coming in and smiled at me.

"Oli, your flight is an hour late,"he said. "But we will reach there according to what we decided."

I gave him a thumbs up and went up stairs to do some last minute packing.

My room was almost empty except the two bookshelves near the balcony door. I got my backpack, went through all the stuff i had, did i miss anything ?

When i was finally sure that i had every thing, i put the backpack on my shoulder and went downstairs. When i reached downstairs, my dad had already got my luggage in his car trunk.

I went to the car, dropped my backpack on the backseat and sat on the passanger seat. My dad was already seated, he was untangling some wires. He looked at me, there was pain in his eyes but he gave me a cute smile and handed me the aux. This was kind of are thing, i used to sit on the passenger seat with his phone, finding and playing song.

Rest of the journey was good. We giggled and sang and joked. It was fun. The three and half journey felt like minutes.

(A/N: Hey guys!!! This is my very first book on wattpad, so if you find any mistakes or errors. Please comment them. I will try my best and correct them.

Love,
Cosmic_rose_)