chapter 6

Naiomi introduced me to her friends. Friends. 

"Well this is Olivia my flatmate. Olivia this is Maddison and Celeste, they live in the next dorm. Celeste is a sophomore and has a literature major. Maddison you in first year, aren't you?" She asked. 

Maddison nodded.

"Yes. I'm smiling. The smile felt as if it was hiding something. Some pain.

Well Maddison doesn't remember anything about last night. It was a relief. I didn't want her to remember anything. It was more sort of a mistake. Mistake that meant something. Something unknown. 

I looked towards Maddison, she was laughing at something Naiomi said. Her face was glowing, she had this beautiful smile. Her eyes were empty, like they were yesterday night. Though she seemed to laugh and giggle, there was something she was hiding. Something painful.

"Well I'm gonna make myself some coffee. Does anyone want it?" I asked. They all nodded and I went to the kitchen. I could hear them talking about yesterday night and the parties coming up. Seeing the Maddie was into all these I figured out that unlike me Maddie was a party lover.

I went back to the living, handed them their mugs. I didn't know we had extra mugs. I told Naiomi that I need to prepare for tomorrow and she nodded. I went back to my room, slipped on my headphones and started reading my physics book.

I don't remember till when I read before I fell asleep. I had my headphones on with my physics textbook on my lap and my coffee mug on the side table. 

*Maddison's POV*

Oh my goodness. My head hurts so badly. But I can still taste those salty bitter lips on mine. They tasted perfect. His ocean blue eyes. Perfect blond hair. Ugh my head hurts. I don't remember how many drinks I drank yesterday but seeing the headache I'm getting I think I drank a lot. I need to go get some aspirin from Celeste,she is my flatmate.

"It seems as if you drank a lot yesterday." I recognised the voice. It is Celeste. 

I look towards her to answer, "well I did. I was really pissed." 

"Take this, you will feel better." She said and gave me a tablet of aspirin and a glass of water. 

"Thanks. I really needed some." I replied.

"Well why did you drink so much?"

" Yesterday morning mother called me, she wanted to tell me that her father had moved out and decided to live with that bitch Sarah. She started to talk about how they were fighting and how happy she is now. I was really angry." I said.

" Well I can tell that"she said, seeing my room. Yesterday after talking to my mother I literally smashed all my glass vases and broke my bathroom mirror. I need to get a new mirror.

" I was really mad and then I heard the front door open. I thought it was you so I came out but it was ian. He tried to ask me what happened and I snapped at him."

"You did what?" She asked with wide open eyes her mouth fell open. She was totally shocked but it wasn't my mistake his timing was wrong.

"He came to drop my daily Dunkin and I snapped at him."

"I heard that young woman. No need to repeat. Continue."

" So he just left. Now I was totally angry. So I decided to drink till I pass out." 

"You did pass out on our couch last night. I brought you in. But where did you go?"

"You remember that girl Nina that we met at Dunkin. She had this party at her fraternity that Linda told me about."