Chapter 3 Spirit Control

"So why the garage," asked Dalton, looking at the barely standing garage.

"You'll see" she replied, walking inside.

The garage appeared to be falling apart, there was trash everywhere and water dripping in from the roof. There was a foul stench coming from somewhere amongst the trash.

"This is so gross" Dalton replied, plugging his nose.

"Unhide," Liz said out loud.

There was a small flash of bright light before the garage seemed completely changed. The trash was gone and replaced with a bunch of different workout machines. The stench also left, leaving a sweet citrus smell in its place. The garage was also intacted and was repainted a nice blue colour.

"Whoaaa," Dalton replied in awe. "What happened?" He asked, still looking around.

"A spell, my friend Harumiya set it up. It only changes the appearance for us and makes us invisible to the outside world." Liz answered.

"So mom, what do you want me to do first?" asked Brian excitedly.

"Summon a wall" Liz replied.

"Wall!" Brian snapped, creating a giant wall in front of him made of Iron.

"Whoa?" Dalton said amazed and confused.

"A bricker can create walls in front of them of any material they've touched before, they can also use it to create armour," Liz explained, pointing to Brian at the end.

Brian equipped a suit of armour made of Steel, before swapping to bronze and then silver.

"Unlike most brickers, Brian can create walls and armour out of pure energy, thanks to his spirit," Liz said.

"So Metalu's a spirit?" asked Dalton.

"Yes he is, he's the son of my spirit Steelu, they're the Energy Bearers," Liz answered.

"Bearers?" asked Dalton confused.

"They control a certain element, I guess that would be the best way to put it." Liz replied. "Anyways I know I said I'd explain spirit bonders, but We're actually the dark versions of that... A spirit controller" Liz added, getting back on track.

"Dark versions?" Dalton asks wearily.

"I'm a dark who walked down a light's path. I met Charles and we fell in love, after that we had Brian. You see he's a void, someone who is both dark and light." Liz explained.

"Oh okay, I understand," Dalton said, trying to take in all the info.

"Metalu!" Brian snapped, turning into Metalu again. "Spirit controllers are supposed to be able to control their spirits and most can only maintain one, but we bond with our spirits and treat them as friends, not tools," Brian explained.

"Yeah! Brian's like my cousin, we're practically family" Metalu chipped in.

"Steelu!'' Liz snapped, turning into Steelu.

"Hey boys," Steelu and Liz said loudly.

"Yeah mom?" asked Metalu and Brian.

"Get the robot" Liz replied, summoning a robot that looked almost human, but with some engineered mythical effects.

Metalu tries to show off as much of his tool kit as possible. Metalu created a wide variety of energy-based weapons to attack with. Then he swapped to hand to hand combat with energy explosions and the end of each strike. The two go in for one more strike, but Metalu vanishes leaving Brian the one attacking.