💌 jeon jungkook 💌

"Jeon jungguk, number 22," the commenters announced with enthusiasm,
"The main game in his face, look at that smile"

Indeed, it was

It was that time of year again when your school held basketball competition with the other schools in the vicinity.

It used to get so competitive to the point where the players would skip class just to practise.

You shifted yourself, trying to get comfortable on the top rows of the bleachers as the names of the players were being announced one by one. Although you were the typical kid who chose to hide behind the world of books, you did care about your school's reputation hence, you brought yourself apomorphine cheering up the hardworking boys of your school.

Coincidentally, you had gotten the seat next to his girlfriend, well, ex-girlfriend of the star player of your school, jeon jungguk. She was, needless to say, moping next to you. You had heard the news of jungguk breaking up with his girlfriend a few days back, also giving the enormous amount of girls more of a reason to doll up for today.

Jungguk was a nice guy. You had always caught him practising dunk shots in the court every time you used to sit under a tree nearby to write your paperwork's. He was hardworking and dedicated to his game, and also, a kind and sweet guy. At least, that's what you had heard about him.

The shrill noise of girls cheering and screaming brought you back to your senses as the game started. Everyone was focused and praying to get the champions position.

Into a few minutes of the game, jungguk wasn't smiley and cheerful anymore. He was red, sweaty and stressed. The oppositions team was ahead in points and there was not much time left.

Victory seemed to be a lot further away.

The commenters announced for a break and your eyes immediately fell on jungguk who, you noticed, tried to slip away inside the doors of gym without trying to get attention.

To say you were worried was an understatement. Not only your team was about to lose, but the star player had also actually decided to flee.

Grimacing at the thought of what you were going to do, you quickly slipped away from your seat and towards the gym doors.

You didn't know what to do if you saw him leaving, it's not like you had the power to stop him.

Jungguk was there.

He had decided not to leave.

His head was against one of the lockers, arms pressed on the wall and he was taking heavy breaths as though trying to get carbon dioxide stuck in his throat to leave.

He seemed just so...vulnerable.

The gym's interior was really dark and the only light possibly seen was one coming from the gap of the door you just opened.

He was not late to notice you as he quickly put up a fake smiley facade as if he was not about to cry a few seconds ago
"Sorry, autographs are for later"

"I-I'm not here for an autograph." You stutter out, more like a whisper as if any more decibels would break him down, your hands tightly clutching the door.

"Oh" his smile faded
"Then why are you here?"

"I just t-thought you, uhh I saw you coming here and well, I thought you were having a hard time." You lied
"We can't have our star player moping in the gym at this moment, right"

He sighed and turned back to rest his face on the wall, his hands doing awkward movements as he started ranting.

"I'm sorry, it's just that me and my girlfriend..we broke up and I don't wanna sound stupid but she always used to give me a good luck kiss and I never thought that they actually worked but now I kinda really regret it, I'm so stupid—"