V1 Ch1 Introductions Are In Order

The thumping of boots echoed down the midnight streets of Vale. Bouncing off the beige and grey buildings of the lower class district. The thumps came from two men, both detectives in Vale's police force. They gave chase to a young boy, whose name no one cared to know.

What was important was the stolen fire dust the boy had taken. It was two shards, each a different type of fire dust. One was crimson red and the other a cerulean blue. The different colors of red and blue illuminated little of the boy's face. What little was illuminated was made out by the detectives.

It was clear the boy had messy, shaggy black hair, reflecting none of the colors. But his eyes were special, they were as red as blood. A red hoodie covered his torso, it was filthy with stains covering it. A pair of shorts on his legs and tattered sneakers. The boy was clearly homeless based only on his attire.

The boy darted down an alleyway. The detectives sprinted after him. Unbeknownst to them was a male watching from the rooftops. As soon as they turned the corner and entered the alley way, both detectives were struck down. A figure landed behind them, kicking them both in the back.

The detectives staggered forwards and spun around. "Aight, who has the balls?" One shouted.

"Johnny, cool it. I need ya to go get that punk kid. I'll deal with Mr. Hotshot," Johnny's detective barked, gesturing to the male that had struck them.

"Ya sure thing Skid," Johnny said. He turned and ran further down the alley towards the cornered boy.

The male in front of Skid leapt over him and shot down the alley. He grabbed Johnny from behind and threw him back.

"What the hell?" Johnny asked.

"Hey moron, don't you get it? We're cops!" Skid shouted.

The male didn't reply, he slowly turned to the young boy. "Alex, what took so long?"

"You idiot!" Alex shouted. "Ryden, do you know how hard it was to steal these dust shards?" Alex asked. He stormed over to his brother. "Know we have to cops after us!"

Ryden slowly turned to the two detectives. His left hand flared out from under his long blue coat. It was then that the detectives saw his weapon. It was an ōdachi. The blade was longer than Ryden's body. He placed his hand on the weapon and both detectives drew their pistols.

"You're really going to kill to officers?" Johnny asked, his voice shaking from fear. It wasn't the weapon that scared him, it was Ryden's cold and dead red eyes.

Ryden rested a hand on the ōdachi's hilt. The other hand gripped its scabbard. Those cold red eyes stared at the detectives, infecting the detectives with an unshakeable sense of dread.

"Johnny Blue and Skid Red, two corrupt policemen. A week ago you brutally beat a faunus food vendor to death for "fighting back". That's disregarding the fact you both pocket money from the various gangs around Vale, you deserve far worse than this blade!" Ryden said, taking a step forward.

Johnny panicked and fired a round. His aim was perfect and in the blink of an eye, the bullet was inches from Ryden's forehead. But the blade was swiftly drawn. The bullet sliced away. Ryden slowly lowered his sword arm to his side.

The ōdachi was a beautiful and glowing cerulean blue. It was chipped in a few places and looked like it required repairs. The detectives wasted little time in aiming for another shot. But in the time it took to aim their guns, Ryden was behind them. The glow of his dimmed through the blood that ran down his long sword, slowly dripping off the tip.

Skid looked down at his chest, noticing the growing red stain on his clothes. He soon collapsed to the ground. Johnny grasped the stump of where his hand once was and let out a loud scream.