V1 Ch3 The Truth

"So who were they?" Ryden asked. His voice pierced the tense silence of Ozpin's office. It was the question that was on the minds of Ryden's peers. All of them wanted answers after the attack.

It had been some time after members of their teams confronted Aqua, Autumn, and Rook in Beacon's courtyard. In that time, Ruby and Percy's wounds were treated as well as the other's minor injuries.

"Mr Feuer, that is a great question," Ozpin replied.

Clay cleared his throat. He stood behind the headmaster. "Oz, you sure about this?"

"Absolutely," Ozpin answered. He looked around at the eight students in front of him. "Those were soldiers of a forign nation."

"Which one?" Weiss asked.

"A small, but powerful, nation to the east of here," Ozpin explained. "A place called Hope Reich."

Silence befell the room. Team RWBY didn't know the name, but they could tell it wasn't good by PARM's reaction. Percy's face had visible shame and guilt on it. Marty's leg bounced up and down rapidly. Ryden and Alex became much more intrigued in the conversation, remembering to when Percy referenced that name. It was clear that the name had serious weight to the team.

"Percy was their target," Clay added.

With those words, all seven students turned to the blonde. The guilt on Percy's face grew. He avoided eye contact with the others, staring at the floor like it held the secrets to his troubles.

"Indeed. Hope Reich still runs on a monarchy. The Feldherr is the strongest fighter they have, but their king is the absolute ruler. The current family in power is the Brewners," Ozpin explained.

Ryden and Alex's had the same expression. Their eyes widened and they looked at Percy in awe.

"Edward Brewner, Percy's father, vanished ten years ago. Edward's brother, Cain, took up the mantle. Rightfully one of Edward's children should be the ruler," Ozpin finished.

"So... Percy is royalty?" Yang asked.

"Yes, he is a prince," Clay answered, grinning at his student. Percy rolled his eyes back. "Although, he wasn't next in line for the throne."

"That doesn't explain what they were," Yang spoke out. "What was with their weapons? Or their semblances?"

"Ms Xiao Long, those weren't normal enemy soldiers," Ozpin explained. His tone turning solemn.

"Not many folk are mighty religious nowadays, but them? They worship five goddesses. All of Hope Reich does," Clay explained. He pointed a wrinkled and old finger at Percy. "The five are responsible for giving a form of magic back to a select few... according to their religion."

"We're called Guardians," Percy added. "Guarding secrets of the goddesses."

"There's more to it than just that, boy," Clay replied. He turned to team RWBY. "Each Guardian holds control over one element, fire, lightning, earth, water, and air. Four of those Guardians are given artifacts that amplify their powers, they're called Elder Guardians," Clay explained. He gestured to Percy. "You're actually in the room with the current Sky Elder."

"Sky Elder?" Blake asked, raising an eyebrow.

"The four are agents of the four terrains, the sky, the sea, the ground, and the air," Ozpin answered.

"Does that mean you can fly?" Ruby eagerly asked.

"Nope," Percy replied. Ruby frowned and looked back to Ozpin.