Welcome!! The Silence Between Us

After an accident in eighth grade, Louisa Kelley was blind. Every day was a struggle for her as she tried to adjust to life both at school and at home, but life got easier with practice. As soon as Louisa entered high school, things had changed for the worse. The students around her bullied her because she was different: harassing her, stealing her things, and talking about her behind her back, making an already difficult life so much harder. Now in her junior year of high school, Louisa is broken and without anyone to call a friend. She eventually decides to remove herself from the bullies that surround her daily and be homeschooled. That is until she met Alex.

Alex Mirren was born deaf, but when he was six years old, he received a cochlear implant that allowed him to hear. Even after the ten years of speech therapy where he had to teach himself how to hear, Alex prefers to stay in the silence and only communicates with the world when necessary. Life seemed dull to him as he was stuck in between two worlds of silence and noise, not knowing his purpose or place in society. That is until he saw a girl with a walking stick in the hallways.

Louisa and Alex weren't made for each other. Although the very presence of each other gives them new hope and strength, things are difficult as Louisa thrives by using her hearing, while Alex shies away from the sound and uses sight. Without being able to communicate easily, they must learn to overcome the barrier of the silence between them, which is easier said than done. But aren't the struggles worth it to be with that one person that means everything?

________________________________________________________________________________

Hello everyone! I hope you all enjoy this story. I will be going through and making brief edits through all of my chapters since I have recently just completed my book. Throughout the course of the story, I invite you to make any suggestions, ask questions, or make general comments about what you have read so far!

Thank you so much for choosing the Silence Between Us as your next read. And as always, happy reading!

Also, if you like my writing style, please check out my new book, B4 + After! I've taken a very long hiatus from posting anything, so I'm very excited to get back to writing on a social platform (personally I think has gotten much better over the years) so please check it out! I'm eager to hear your thoughts :)