Chapter 11

I woke up in the familiar place of my room on the Mother of Invention. I sighed.

"Why doesn't he just make it easier for the both of us. Just throw me off the ship, will ya Director?" I told myself.

"Maybe because he doesn't want to be caught in the act. I don't think he would trust anyone when you know most of the freelancers on board. Not even Texas. I don't think she exactly hates you. Maybe she just wants to teach you what it's like in the real world. And you would be able to persuade anyone into hiding you so you could live. You're good at that stuff..." Kappa said.'

"As if!" I responded. "Texas hates my guts. I don't see why he doesn't do exactly that!"

Kappa shook his head and disappeared.

I got up and put on my armor. Might as well do something besides sitting around and wondering when the Director wll succeed in killing me.

I opened the door to my room when i saw Hawaii, sitting on my right. He got up as I stepped through the doorway.

"Hi." He said. "I just wanted to introduce myself, since i saved your life and all. I wouldn't want someone to save me and then I didn't know their name."

I turned and started to walk away. I couldn't talk, and I didn't want to be caught talking to the new guy by the Director. I would get a big punishment outta that if i did.

"Hey wait!" Hawaii yelled, running to my side. "I'm Hawaii by the way."

I didn't take my eyes off the path ahead of me. This guy was ALSO going to get annoying fast. Just like Michigan did. And just my luck, Michigan and Arizona rounded the corner. The came running next to Hawaii and I.

"Alaska!" Michigan said. "Maine was totally gonna cut your head off!"

I wanted to reply with: "How could he have cut my WHOLE head off with a small dagger?", but I couldn't. Darn.

"Michigan, don't be an idiot." Arizona told him. "How was a dagger suppose to cut her head off?"

THANK YOU! I silently told her.

"But did you see the size of it!" Michigan said.

I swear, this guy was either a complete idiot who exaggerated everything, or blind.

Arizona facepalmed. "I'm pretty sure it wasn't that big." She argued.

I turned the corner. I was going to get some tea or some water, and just chill unless a mission popped up. And knowing how much the Director wanted to kill me, the probability of that was 99.9%

As I entered the room, Michigan ran toward the counter that had drinks on it.

"APPLE JUICEEEEEEEE!" He said, and he poured himself a glass.

I face palmed, and made myself some hot cocoa. I took off my helmet, and went to go sit down on a small sofa.
Arizona sat next to me, while the guys both sat in the arm chairs across from us.

"I can't believe Hawaii went all hero mode and totally saved you, Alaska!" Michigan said.

Hawaii smiled. Arizona rolled her eyes. I felt the sudden urge to punch a wall. I could protect myself.

"Thanks. But it was nothing, really." Hawaii said.

I took another sip of my cocoa as the speakers to the ship clicked on.

"Hey. Hey Alaska. Wanna go skiing?" Michigan asked. "Eh, eh? No? Okay..."

"Agents Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Hawaii, Kentucky and Michigan, please report to the briefing room. You're going on a mission." FILLIS announced.