Run

Your hair whisped past your face as you ran from the house. You knew you didn't have to run but everything inside of you was telling you to stay put and you couldn't do it. 

Ambrose was a small town but big enough you had to get through it to get anywhere else and you could do it. 

You ran down a back alley and away from the body shop you knew Bo would be at. You could see it coming up as you snuck around the back of buildings. 

Bo's truck was outside and silence fell around you as you stared at the shop windows from behind a half open gate. 

You began walking and fear surged through you as you heard the bells on the shop door chime. You shuffled back and behind the gate and you couldn't bare to look back over to where Bo stood just outside the shop. 

He had to have seen you, you were standing right in his line of sight. Before you could think your feet were carrying you. You sprinted out of the alley and past the shop, down the street. 

Bo couldn't even say anything, he ran inside to grab his keys you assumed and then ran back out to his truck. You felt hot tears streaming down your cheeks and you pushed yourself as fast as you could. 

The growl of an engine was growing behind you and a sound escaped your mouth in which you would never be able to replicate, fear and anger mixed in two. 

The old pick up sped past you and whipped to the side, sliding in front of you and stopping, kicking dust up off the Louisiana street. 

Bo climbed out of the truck and was next to your crumbling body before you could move any further. You were on your knees, beating your fists into the ground as you screamed. He had you. 

"Dammit, dammit, dammit." you screamed as tears ran rivers down your cheeks. You beat bloody fists into the dusty cement as Bo stood above you. 

He squated beside you and pinched your cheeks in his hand like this morning. "What am I gonna do with you pet?" he asked in an angry growl as he pushed your face away. 

"Get in the truck." he snapped as he stood up and stomped away. You did as he said and slid onto the seat, scooting as far as you could from him once you got inside. 

He stared at you as he started the engine and scoffed in an angry way as he whipped back around, heading back to his shop. 

When he parked he walked around and got you from your side, dragging you by your arm to the front door. 

He pushed you inside and grabbed a chain from one of the old cabinets, he latched it around your neck as a makeshift collar and leash and chained you to the front door, you weren't running anywhere.