Maybe Normal

As you got ready for the day, you wrapped your hand and allowed some cooling gel to work magic on the wound. 

A truck driving up to the house caught your attention and you looked out the sheer curtain on the front door to see Lester's truck in the driveway. 

You smiled and unlocked the door, allowing him to come in at his own pace. You stirred some sweet tea in a piture. That was the one good thing about Louisiana, sweet tea basically flooded this place. 

Lester walked through the door, removing his hat as he looked over to you. "Would you look at that. All up and pretty, I guess things changed for you around here?" he asked. 

You shrugged with a smile. "Hey, I brought you something." he said with a smile. You smiled back and gleefully side stepped over to him. 

He pulled a small bag of red hot candies from his pants pocket and handed them to you. Bo walked in as you popped one in your mouth and you didn't even think to hide it. 

He plucked one from the back and made a "come on" motion to Lester. They climbed in Bo's truck and disappeared from the driveway without another word. 

Slowly you made your way to the basement door. You hand hovered above the handle before you made contact, like you weren't suppose to go down there. 

You pulled the door back and walked down the old narrow stairs. "Vincent." you said as he came into view, looking down at a small wax sculpture. 

He looked up at you, examining your stature in the lit doorway. He nodded you over and you approached his desk, offering him some of your candies. 

He shook his head away and you sat them down. "Bo's gone." you said with a smile. He only nodded. You huffed, "Do you not like me anymore?" you asked. He made eye contact with you as if he was asking if it was even a real question. 

"Fine." you said standing to leave. He grabbed your hand but you jerked it back, leaving the basement. If he didn't want you, you didn't need to stay there with him for pity. 

You walked back upstairs, and out onto the porch. You knew if Bo came back and you were so much as in the front yard, it would be your head but you just wanted to be outside for a minute. 

There were bees in the yard buzzing from flower to flower. It was a nice minute until you heard the engine of Bo's pick up. 

You halted to attention looking for what could be wrong. In the cab you saw Lester driving with a frantic look in his eye and Bo clutching his chest. 

He got out of the cab and blood spilled over his finger tips. "What happened?" you asked, rushing to Bo's side. 

He narrowed his eyes at you. "Don't touch me, I'm fine." he said irritatedly pushing past you to get inside. 

"He fell into some barbed wire behind the body shop." Lester said, cluing you in. You pursed your lips and looked over at Bo as he limped through the door. 

You followed him even though he slammed the bathroom door in your face as you tried to follow him in. You pushed it open and slammed it behind you. 

"Take your shirt off." you said running a wash cloth under the water. He complied but not without making a cheeky comment.

You examined the wounds, they weren't deep but he was scracted up and bleeding all over. "Take a shower and I'll bandage you up." you said leaving the bathroom. He mumbled something as you shut the door and you looked up to meet eyes with Vincent. 

"He's fine." you said brushing past him before he could stop you.