Chapter One

Nico's POV

Nico ran through the streets, passing by abandoned buildings left and right. He had just been to the hospital, where he had checked up on Finn, his coach. Finn had given him a schedule for the next month, and told him to visit everyday. It wasn't like Nico wasn't going to do that already, but the most alarming new was the fact that his son Jason was taking over the gym for the next week. Nico figured that Jason would make them follow the rules to a T, which meant he couldn't pick a fight with someone like he normally did. This put Nico in a very bad mood, because he needed some way to let out his anger. Hitting a punching bag didn't do it for him. Nico rounded a corner, and was just starting to hit his stride when he ran into someone.

        "Hey, watch where you're going." Nico said, and looked up to see Jason looking down at him. Why does he have to be so damn attractive. Nico thought, before looking away. 

        "Are you okay?" Jason said, with his hand outstretched toward Nico. Nico ignored it, he didn't need anyone's help. Nico stood up, and glared at Jason.

        "I was fine until you showed up." Nico said, clenching his fists at his sides just in case. People are normally in a bad mood in the morning, maybe I'll be lucky and he'll pick a fight. Nico thought, resisting the urge to smile at the thought of punching Jason in the mouth. Instead of getting angry, Jason just laughed.

        "Well, at least you aren't hurt." Jason said, before walking forward. Nico turned around and watch Jason walk away. What is with this guy? Nico thought.

Jason's POV

Jason walked through his hometown, looking at all the dilapidated buildings. He was going to escape this place, but then his father got sick. Now he was stuck here, having to deal with a guy with an attitude. Jason had always been very strict. As a child, he had seen his father getting beaten for speaking out against the mob. Jason had been smart, and always kept his mouth shut. Jason was just waiting for the day Nico picked a fight with the wrong guy, and ended up getting his ass kicked by a group of gangsters. Jason walked into the nearby cafe, where his childhood friend Reyna worked.

        "Hey, if it isn't mister goody-two shoes." Reyna said, as he walked up to the counter to order. Jason just sighed, Reyna could be just as strict if not stricter than him.

        "Same to you." Jason said, before ordering a cup of coffee. Reyna called to someone in the back, before getting Jason his coffee. Jason started walking out, but Reyna followed him.

        "What are you doing?" Jason asked, and Reyna smiled.

        "Thought I'd spend some time with my best friend." Reyna said, and Jason laughed. Before when Jason wasn't working at the gym, whenever Jason would ask her to hang out at the cafe, she would tell him she had to work.

        "Liar, you just want to see someone at the gym, don't you." Jason said, and Reyna looked flushed. Reyna was a terrible liar.

        "N-no way! It's not like that at all." Reyna said, suddenly fascinated with the graffiti on a nearby building. Jason just chuckled. Jason was about to say something when they turned a corner, and saw two guys fighting outside.

        "I leave for ten minutes." Jason mumbled under his breath, as he ran over. He saw Nico fighting some guy twice his size. The sad part was that this guy was getting his ass kicked. Jason grabbed Nico, and pulled him back. Jason couldn't help but notice that he could feel Nico's muscles through his shirt. Nico was surprised, and Jason used this to his advantage. He pinned Nico against the wall before he could even throw a punch. The other guy used this opportunity to run away. Nico tried to get out, but Jason just pressed down harder. 

        "I don't know what my father let you get away with, but I'm here so you follow my rules, understand." Jason said, staring intently into Nico's eyes. Instead of yelling at him, Nico just smirked.

        "I didn't know there was some fight in you, golden boy." Nico said, and Jason felt himself smile. 

        "There is a lot more than fight, boxer boy." Jason whispered into Nico's ear before walking inside.