C1 • Preparation

"Do you have your bags packed ____? " Phillip asked, as he stood in the doorway inserting an address into his GPS.

"Almost ready father, just a few more minutes." Y/n replied, as she zipped up her luggage & grabbed her handbag.

"Hurry up, we don't have all day little girl!" Phillip boomed.

"I'm sorry sir..."Y/n winced at her father's voice.

Today was the unexpected big day for Y/N, she was getting married. Marriage was the last things on her mind. The idea of marriage was significantly charming. Y/N fantasized about marrying a gorgeous man, & they'll give birth to wonderful children in a happy home. Y/N never imagined being forced to marry a man, she knew nothing about. Although she refused the proposal from her father, she had no choice for rejection.

Phillip has always made Y/N petrified of him. When she refused his proposal, Phillip assaulted her with a belt. Y/N thought she would die completely from that experience, although she didn't. She had no other caretaker, only her father. Y/N's mother died in a car accident, when she was only six years old. Her life was very anguished & dreadful after the tragic death of her mother. Y/N was primarily raised by herself & her father's teaching. She did not experience anything about being a girlfriend nor a wife. It was all an unfamiliar experience to Y/N.

As the vehicle began to travel through the highway at normal pace, with constant steady movements. California traffic was extremely terrible, especially in the afternoon. As the vehicle entered through a massive gate that had a display pronounced as "Neverland." Y/N observed the estate with slight amusement, she's never seen any place like this before. It was a one of a kind fairy tale you'll only see in movies.

There were two men on the porch. A Caucasian priest dressed in white & black clothing. There was an African American man with attractive features. He had short black curls with strands of hair that hung on his chocolate colored face. He wore sunglasses that concealed his eyes. He wore a white dress shirt & black khakis with black loafers. Y/N started to shift in her seat, uncomfortable with the man's appearance.

"Wait here." Phillip instructed as he gets out the car walking towards the two males.

As the three men communicated with each other. The African American man glanced at the vehicle repeatedly between conversations. Phillip motioned towards the car, opening the backseat door, revealing Y/N.

"Quit your daydreaming & get into the house. The maid will unload your bags." Phillip ordered.

"This is Y/N, Michael your new wife." Phillip announced as he held Y/N by her arm. As they walked to the two men standing on the porch.

"Are you positive she's eighteen Phillip?" Michael questioned.

"Yes, she just got young girl features." Phillip replied.

"Come here Y/N." Michael demanded.

"Here is the 4,000 dollar check Phillip."
Michael stated as he delivered the check to Y/N's father. Micheal had a bad feeling about Phillip. He didn't want any further communication with the man.

"Much appreciated Michael. I assure you she'll remain an excellent wife. " Phillip grinned as he got back into his vehicle & started the engine & drove out the driveway.

"Shall we begin the vows?" The priest asked.

"We shall." Michael responded.