Chapter 13

Arthur's POV

My first thought when Alfred made an appearance is rather embarrassing. "Shit, he's hot." I won't deny it. He's extremely attractive, but I don't remember interacting with him. I just...know that I love him. I can't explain it. I just know. It's like how I just know that the boy standing in the doorway is my son, Peter. 

And when I kiss Alfred, it feels so right, like I was meant to do this for the longest time. If we love each other, why did I never kiss him? This is our first kiss, right? At least, I'm pretty sure it is.

His lips are so soft, and after a few moments, he pushes against me, kissing me back. His hand snakes its way slowly up my body, resting at my hip, and the feeling is indescribable. It's like kissing your soul mate for the first time, for lack of a better example. God, I suck with analogies.

My hands, on impulse, clutch at the back of his head, pulling him even closer as the kiss takes on movement. His other hand cups my cheek as we kiss each other deeply. I think I even let a small moan escape.

"Okay, as lovely as it is that you two are finally being all lovey dovey, I'd love for this to happen when I'm not in the room," Peter states, making the two of us break apart, panting from the encounter.

I give a small smile to the blonde in front of me, rubbing my thumbs over his cheeks as he returns the gesture. "That was nice," I say softly, glancing to those soft lips of his.

"I've been wanting to do that for so long. You can bet your ass it was nice," he returns, making me laugh softly. He is so cute.

"Peter," I call out, holding my arms out for him. The boy takes the cue and climbs onto the bed, snuggling up to my side. "My son," I murmur, burying my face into his soft hair. I love this kid, so much. 

"Hi, Dad," he whispers. 

I hold him close, relaxing as we hold each other. Alfred steps back, as if to leave, but I shake my head. "Come back here, Alfred," I order, clearly surprising him. I hold out my arm to him, the one that isn't holding Peter. "Snuggle time," I state, making him grin as he climbs onto the hospital bed with Peter and me.

"Well, isn't this adorable," a familiar voice says from the doorway. Francis stands there with a smirk on his face as he waltzes into the room. "I heard about what happened from Alfred," he explains when I give him a questioning look. "I just wanted to check up on you, Angelterre, but I'll go ahead and leave. Everyone knows what you and Alfred will get up to when Peter leaves."

I feel my cheeks burn. He's so blunt about it. I mean, I was planning on it, but he didn't have to say it out loud...

He flashes me a wink, telling me that he'll let everyone else know before leaving with so much pride in his walk it's a miracle he's standing and not floating above everyone else.

The instant the Frenchman is gone, Peter bursts into a small fit of laughter, making me chuckle as well. Meanwhile, Alfred is passed out, drooling onto my hospital gown. It's a gross kind of cute, and I can't quite explain it.

"So, do you plan on it?" the teen asks, giving me a teasing smile. 

I roll my eyes, feeling a little awkward. "I-I mean, I was just..."

"Oh, you totally were," he says, leaning up with a grin on his face. "You guys are gonna have sex!" he exclaims, laughing his head off and making Alfred stir.

"Oh, hush," I state, rolling my eyes as a blush stains my cheeks. This kid... "I said no such thing."

He laughs, checking his phone and getting up. "Well, nonetheless, use protection," he states. "Since you're okay, I'm gonna take my new boyfriend on a date."

"You and Eric finally get together?" I ask.

He shrugs. "He kissed me before I came in here." The grin on his face is unmistakable. He's excited about this.

"Well, use protection," I return, making him grin and blush.

"Shut up," he returns, jogging out of the room, shutting the door behind him. 

"You really wanna have sex?"

"Oh, my God, Alfred! Don't do that!"

The American laughs, snuggling closer to me where he plants a kiss on my neck. "You're so cute." He rests his cheek atop my chest, allowing me to play with his soft hair.

"Mr. Kirkland?" 

A doctor enters the room with a small knock, smiling kindly as she enters. "Yes?" I ask, sitting up a little in my bed.

"You've been deemed well enough to discharge. All you have to do is sign this, and then, you can leave."

"Brilliant," I say, taking the clipboard and pen from her, signing it almost instantly. I hand it back to her before shaking the snoring American next to me. "Alfred, love, get up."

"Five more minutes," he groans, nuzzling closer.

I hold up a finger to the doctor and lean close to his ear. "If you get up now, I'll blow you  when we get back to my house," I whisper, and his eyes open instantly.

"Hurry up, Artie! We're going!" he says, gathering up his wallet and everything, hopping off the bed and waiting for me.

The doctor laughs before taking her papers and leaving. Alfred and I rush off to do the same. White is a nice color and all, but there is so much of it in that hospital that it's suffocating.

We get home much faster than I thought we would, but it's because Alfred decides to speed. Why did I let him drive after what I told him? He'll kill us both!

Stepping into the house, I send Peter a text to let him know that I'm home. I don't want anyone in a hospital for any reason any time soon. They were nice enough, the doctors and nurses, but I prefer being home, safe and sound.

"How do you feel?" Alfred asks, stroking my hair back sweetly as we stand in front of my bedroom door. 

"Fine," I murmur, leaning into his warm hand. Being near him is so calming, but it also makes my heart beat out of my chest. I don't get it, but I love it.

"Okay, good," he states, stepping away.

"Hey, get back here," I say, grabbing his hips and pulling him back. I wasn't lying about what I told him earlier. The action seems to make him a little nervous.

"I, uh, I don't..." he swallows as I lean back against the wall, staring up into my favorite pair of blue eyes. Smiling softly, I cup his face with one of my hands, keeping the other on his hip as I stroke my thumb over his cheek.

"You don't what?" I ask, pulling his face closer to me as I smirk. I can't help it. Sometimes, I really like teasing him.

He swallows thickly, making me chuckle. "I was just gonna say..." he murmurs, leading off as his voice grows quieter. 

Rolling my eyes, I grab the back of his head, tangling my fingers in the soft locks and pulling him into a searing kiss.

"Alfred, you think too much."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heylo, my lovely little nuggets! I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter! Don't forget to leave any comments or suggestions, if you have them! They always make my day :) AND please let me know if you want the next chapter to contain smut or not! Thanks! Anyway, I'll see y'all nuggety readers in the next update! Until then, have an absolutely fantastic and fabulous day! Bai!!! >:3

-IggyScones