5. Sick Girls Don't Get Hangovers

It takes four hours of treatments before my lungs feel clear the next morning. Although, I guess it isn't morning anymore by the time I wake up. As soon as I can walk I go searching for my spare oxygen tank, finally feeling a slight relief from my constricting chest as the oxygen hisses into my nostrils. Niall would kill me if he knew I slept without it, but as soon as I see him stumble out of his room a few hours after me, groggy and grimacing, I know he won't remember a single thing about last night. 

"I thought the plan was to get Lewis as hungover as possible," I say "Not you." 

"Can't let a man drink alone." He grumbles, covering his eyes to shield them from the light coming in through the window.  

"Sorry I-" he begins.

"Shh." I cut him off,  "I'm not accepting apologies for being abandoned, so don't even start. I don't need a nanny and I'm not 10 anymore so shh." 

"You're right, you're right. But that was kind of a shitty thing to do." he counters. 

"Well, yeah, but I'm over it. Here, drink some water." I shove a glass at him. 

"How'd you get home, anyway?" he asks, grabbing a couple of ibuprofen and downing them with a gulp of water.

"Harry gave me a ride." I say, nonchalantly. 

"Really?" 

"Yeah, apparently he's more stubborn than I am." 

"I find that hard to believe."  

I laugh. Niall chuckles and then winces. 

"You have zero pain tolerance." I tease. 

"Yeah and you've never had a hangover" He says. 

"Mmm and you've never pneumonia and sepsis at the same time" I counter. 

"Shut up." 

"Only if you stop whining." 

"You don't happen to have anything stronger than this," he gestures to the ibuprofen bottle, "in your medical supply hoard, do you?" 

I know he's joking but he's just so pitiful I can't help but laugh again. 

"No, but I have some dope." I say. 

His eyes go wide.

"I'm kidding. Geez Ny you should have seen your face!" Now I'm really laughing. I cough a few hacking coughs and spit into the sink. 

"Um, ew" Niall says. 

"You're ew. Take a shower." 

He lifts an arm to smell his armpit.  

"Fair." I finally see him crack a smile. 

"Oh yeah, so Harry's coming by tomorrow." He says. 

It's my turn to be caught wide-eyed. 

"He texted me this morning. I guess he's in town for a while before he starts his tour. I'm leaving the day after tomorrow, uh... Tuesday. For a week and a half in New York. We're finishing up some final details or something for my tour and tomorrow was the only day we could make it work. Is that cool?" He asks.

"Erm, yeah." I try to keep my voice steady. "What, are we having like a dinner party or something?" I say. 

"Something like that." 

"I vote pasta." I say.

"You always vote pasta." 

"Speaking of which, I haven't eaten in like 18 hours and that's got to be some type of record. I'm ordering something." Talking about Harry is making me feel anxious and I want to finish this conversation immediately.