Farewell, My Dear [pt 2]

A/N: Fleurie - Soldier.The fan-art is mine

He feels his feet burning and smiles. He tore all of them apart. He spilled enough blood to muffle a bird-like pounding inside his chest. The reason of it is in his arms, lifeless and with glassy eyes. Your corpse is too fragile to leave it unattended and the deer-demon keeps it close to him enough.

- We've won, darling. We've won... - he mutters, kissing your forehead and feeling nagging pain inside of his head. He felt like that when he was crying for the last time. 

There are no tears to shed. There is no hatred to replace love. There is no love to cure the hollow confusion deep within his inner world. There is no demon to be forgiven for letting you die. He knows he wouldn't leave it so.

Quiet now, you're gonna wake the beast
Hide your soul out of his reach
Shiver to that broken beat
Dark into the heat.

This song is familliar... Who sang it to you?

He'll remember you as long as he can. He'll cry for you while slaughtering all the demons he accuses of your death.  He'll remember you and he will kiss your cold, bloodless lips...

- My dear... My dear... My dear... - he whispers desperately. He is deprived of everything: mother, family and... And you are the last he lost. He looks like he's trying to tell you everything he didn't manage to tell before. However, noone answers and he bites his lower lip. 

- Why did you pass away?! - he shouts into nowhere and falls onto his back holding your body tightly. - My dear... -.

He lies onto the ground. Your bodies are covered with ash and dust. Two clean tears flare up with tiny rainbows. 

The Hell after this cleanse looks destroyed and hollow. Corpses of double-dead angels, demons and sinners lie here and there. Tiny particles of ash fly in the air landing onto bodies and pools of blood. In the 'skies' there is a portal to heaven...

Soldier keep on marchin' on
Head down 'til the work is done

Your voice sounds in his head. He remembers a good song you sang to cure his wounds.

- You must live! - he cries and jumps up. His shadows help him to rise up to the portal. Alastor puts your body into the portal with a note. The redness of his eyes gets faded by the holy light of Paradise. He wants you safe and sound 'The Lord, if you are real, save her'.

- I love you. - he feels his shadows fading and smiles widely. 

Waiting on that morning sun
Soldier keep on marchin' on

He falls down, smiling and closing his eyes.