The Sweater [pt 1]

You knit a blue sweater sitting in your room at home. Hell seems quite instable and you try to finish your work. You consider your future sweater as a kind of cerement. If your death is close, you need to meet it with open eyes and arms in a soft blue sweater.

You listen to music and knit. Several rows still remain and you are patient enough to finish them. Your e/c eyes follow the pair of knitting needles and h/c hair are in two loose plaits. Knitting calms you down even if the radio tells you about another carnage in your quarter. Maybe, you aren't afraid to die because you have nothing and nobody to lose. 

Your neighbour, Dolly, falls into your hallway with a weak 'Run'. She passes away before you get up. You exhale and leave your knitting. Dolly needs her eyes closed. You do it and kiss the tiger-demon in the forehead. She is gone and you can't do nothing about it. You already hear steps but you don't panic. You sit in your armchair and continue knitting your blue sweater. 

A shadow crawls into your hallway, opens your door and wraps itself around your shoulders. You feel something like tickling from a piece of fuzz and smile. You need to knit just one row to finish your work. You're so concentrated on your work that you notice someone walking in when it's too late.

- Ahem... What are you doing, my dear? - the Radio Demon and his shadows are standing right behind you and looking at the new-knitted large blue sweater. Alastor seems confused and he sits down on a couch near you.

- I've just finished knitting my funerary sweater, sir. - you put your clews and knitting needles in your special box for this stuff. - Mind if I put it on before you kill me? -.

- I don't mind. - the serial killer looks at you with favor and you put your blanket off the shoulders. You put the sweater on and it perfectly suits your modest dress and a bow in your hair, gently covering up everything to the middle of your thigh. You hide your 'knitting box' in your closet and turn around. 

- Were you getting ready for dying, my dear? - the deer-demon looks at your new outfit and seems concerned. - Do you have anyone to say goodbye to? -.

- No, I haven't, sir. - you want to turn off the radio but you freeze in awareness. - Shall I turn it off? -.

- I thought you want to know your screams will be heard to all of the cities of Hell, my blue fellow... - he says wistfully. Deep within his chest, he doesn't want to ruin the atmosphere of warmth and comfort. Even deeper than this, he feels deja-vu. He had seen you before he started this carnage. 

Flashback

Alastor walks out of a shadow seeing a silhouette going along the dimmed and empty street. Several houses shake with the bass coming out of them and the lights flash brightly here and there. A lonely female figure excels from all of it. It walks calmly with a package of woolen clews. 

The first impression is sketchy: an odd sinner with an odd hobby. But h/c hair in plaits, a delicate dress and low shoes stuck in the Radio Demon's mind.

End of flashback

- I know my death isn't the one and only tonight, sir. - you sit in your armchair again and smile softly. - If you had enough blood for today, I may wait for you to come later. I'll be here and this sweater is ready, sir. -.

- Count this as a good luck, my dear. - Alastor smiles back and snaps his fingers. All the shadows disappear and he comes closer. He touches your sweater gently and hums something. You stay still letting him to study your work. His fingers examine every loop they touch and you feel his hand on your thigh. You feel blush on your cheeks but you don't move, afraid to spoil the moment of trust. His lips suddenly find your forehead and you blush even more.

- Will you truly wait for me right here? - he asks you quietly. 

- I will or my forehead hasn't just been kissed. - you whisper back mildly and your savior disappears in a dimmed evening of the living room.