Chapter Eighteen

Hi all,

The next few chapters have a lot of Cleo content, please prepare for cuteness overload.

Please VOTE if you enjoy this chapter!!

Happy reading!!!

- Rose xx

------------------------------------------

2021

February

"Daddy! Daddy!" Her cry grows increasing louder. I feel a great weight on my chest that makes me shoot my eyes open, that's when I see her. "Happy birthday, Daddy" Cleo slaps her palms on both sides of my face.

I rub my blurry eyes as an attempt to correct my vision. That's when I see her. Every inch of her perfect face.

Her blond hair wavy and messy, her green eyes big and bold, looking me dead set. Her thin lips stretched to a smile, doubling the size of her pale cheeks. Cleo leans forward, giving me a wet kiss on the cheek.

"Good Morning, baby girl" I wrap my arms around her little body and kiss her cheek.

"Happy birthday" she repeats, kissing me again.

I smile "thank you, honey"

"How old are you and uncle Blakey turning?" Her eyes light up.

I take a second to think about it. I almost laugh. How time flies by.

"Twenty-two," I tell her.

"Wow," she cries.

Sherry pokes her head up from under the sheet and smiles.

"What's going on here," she asks.

"Good morning, Sherry" Cleo leaps into Sherry's arms.

"Good morning, pumpkin" Sherry kisses Cleo's cheek.

"Get ready of school," I tell Cleo.

She nods, looking over to me "thanks for being born, Dad" and with that Cleo jumps out of my bed and runs out of the room.

Sherry smiles, looking over to me.

"Happy birthday" Sherry leans in and kisses me. "Thank you for being born"

I laugh.

The story of my being here is one not like many others. Accidental conception and a cryptic pregnancy that prevented my mum from knowing about us. If she had known she was pregnant, she would have terminated and we wouldn't be here to tell the tale.

"I love you" I kiss her back.

"I love you" Sherry smiles. When she pulls away we both sit up and get out of bed, "after work I'm going to the house to decorate a little before dinner, tonight"

"Sounds good" I nod, "God, I can't wait till we move in"

"We'll have our own space" Sherry agrees before picking up her diamond ring from the nightstand and slipping it on her finger. "That reminds me, the woman from the cake shop called, she's booked us in for a cake tasting this weekend at her store"

"I wish we could skip all that and just get married" I admit, wrapping my arms around her waist as we stand at the end of my bed.

"Me too" she smiles before kissing my lips gently.

Her parents are traditionalists. The wedding planning has been 80% them. We don't mind as long as we have each other, everything else will work itself out.