Chapter One

Chae's Pov
My eyes scanned back and forth reading each detail carefully, fully to the intent with each stack of paper. I'm sure any minute now my lip was gonna start hurting from biting it so much. But this was truly once in a lifetime deal offered to me by SM.

"So do I really get to be on a Duo team with Lee Taemin? Like the actually God Lee Taemin making music." I released a shy giggle not ignoring the amused look Lee Sooman was giving me from my small little fangirl outburst.

Everyone in their right mind knew who Lee Taemin was he was one of the best dancers in the whole kpop generation, and his voice was like no other, and here I was signing a contract that was starting the duo team Chaemin, it was such a silly yet at the same time cute name.

My Korean was perfect, and fluent after years and years, and I was also one of the few other races trainees here at SM entertainment. A part of me was wondering if I was gonna handle this well.

Duo's usually do well cause there are only two members, a little easier to manage, and the contract states it was gonna only be for seven months, but it would be permanent if they see where it leads.

I clicked the pen a few times signing my name where I needed to still speaking quietly with Sooman before the door to his office open and I looked over my shoulder to see him all in his amazing glory.

He bowed his head with a grin making his way over to sit beside me "Sir." Taemin greeted still smiling, and I chewed at the end of the pen studying him. He was really tall, and so much more tan then what they did to him in those photoshoots.

"Taemin it's really nice to see you, this is Chae Winters." I watched as Taemin focused his deep brown eyes on me.

"Hello." He timidly greeted me, with a small bow to the head, and I took his hand shaking it when it held it out. "Hello it's really nice to meet you Taemin," I spoke to him with ease with my Korean and he looked really impressed still smiling.

"Taemin right here is another contact for you to sign, I know recently we just started super m, but I wanna reach out to the states more if you are willing I wanna put you on a duo team with Chae here." Taemin had a look of surprise  glancing at me again.

"A duo? Like Tvxq and Akum? You want just me and her?" Taemin asked kindly, but of course curious like.

"You both have two different kinds of voices, but both can fit an amazing genre, ballads, pop, r&b you both suit it so well. I think if we make two mini albums with both and promote just not here but in America, who knows what will happen." I was listening deeply, me and Taemin nodding with each word.

Taemin did look a little nervous and was fidgeting badly. "You both will be working on the album, your duo name is Chaemin, and will release teasers and photoshoots of you both as well." Taemin was nibbling at his lower lip.

I watched Taemin lift up and scoop his own packet letting his eyes browse each word through it, a tiny smile making its way across his handsome features.

"This actually looks fun and I do wanna experiment with new types and sounds," Taemin mumbled to himself he then peered at me through his eyelashes still smiling.

"Alright, I'll do it." He scooped up the other pen resting on the desk and started filling out everything he needed to do. My pounding heart was still beating a mile away, but I relaxed thinking he was gonna be more hesitant about the whole thing.

It was gonna be so much different than anything me or him have ever done. Entering the whole kpop world was different than my own. We both handed in our contracts and I turned to face Taemin speaking shyly.

"I'm really happy I get to work alongside you, you have a beautiful voice." I never wanted to hide behind my hair so badly then that moment.

Taemin's deep chuckles filled my ears before he slowly squeezed my shoulder reassuringly like. "I can't wait to work alongside you as well. I hear you are quite the talented  trainee, and you get to debut with me its exciting." Taemin beamed at me.

I smiled slowly biting at my finger to hide my shyness before we both focused away one another when a voice called out to us both.

"So are you both ready to share a small dorm together for promotion?" I don't think I ever got as loud as I did the same time as Taemin.

"Wait what!"

"Come again?"