Chapter 3

In a university somewhere in Germany was a brilliant German student Edward Richtofen was the smartest student in the class which was a advantage to his future, but disadvantage in making friends. He has been bullied since primary school for being smart. However, Edward does have a family who cares about him though his father beaten him once for destroying his sister's doll. Both of his parents were proud of Edward when he went to university. Richtofen was looking at the window, but was brought back attention to the class, for the professor called him for a question.

"Edward would you tell me what is it that makes diseases caused by viruses and bacteria hard to treat?"the professor asked.

Edward stand up and start to answer the question."Influenza viruses and other continually change over time, usually by mutation. This change enables the virus to evade the immune system of its host so that people are susceptible to influenza virus infection throughout their lives.Bacteria mutate in the same way and can also become resistant if  overtreated with antibiotics". Richtofen stop for everyone was looking at him and he felt that he spoke too much so he sit back down silence. The class ended, everyone was packing their belongings and left expect Edward.

"Come Edward. I would like to talk with you for a moment,"the professor said.

Richtofen pack his belongings then stand in front the professor.

The professor then continue,"Look Edward, you are a great student well I'll be honest with you meine Junge. You are meine best student, but you need to try on relaxing yourself. Think about it".

"Thank you professor and I will think about it,"Edward replied.

"Have a gut day Edward,"the professor said.

"Have a gut day too professor," Richtofen replied back.

Edward left the classroom and started to walk home. However, halfway to his home, he was grab by his arms from two teenagers while another teenager had already grabbed Edward's backpack. Edward was trying to break free, but it was no use. Another teenager came who was the one in charge of the group.

"Look who it is if it isn't the smartest one,"he said.

Richtofen knew who the teenager was. It was Walter who has bullied him since primary school. Richtofen was trying to not show fear. Walter seem to sense it for he started to punch Richtofen directly to his stomach. Richtofen cried of pain which only motivate Walter to continue with more force. With more blows and Edward yelling to stop, Walter decide it was enough and will continue the next day.

"Alright that's enough for today but before we let you go, I should give you mein signature move," Walter stated.

With that being said, Walter gave Richtofen a strong blow directly toward the face. Blood came out from Richtofen's mouth and nose while a bruise was form on the cheek. Walter's friends drop Richtofen to the ground and start to kick him once again towards the abdomen while the one who had his backpack drop it to the ground and join the group to kick Richtofen.

"Alright that's enough. Let's go and leave this loser," Walter command. Walter and his friends gave one more kick to Richtofen before leaving him.

Richtofen check to see if Walter and his friends were nowhere at sight. With no one at sight, Richtofen try to get up, but failed on the first try. On the third try he was able to stand and get his backpack. He almost passed out due to bleeding from the punches and kicks he got from Walter and his friends. It didn't matter for Richtofen. He started walking to his house, after ten minutes he finally reach home. He sigh relief and enter quietly to not worry his parents. Unfortunately, he failed for his mother saw him.

"Oh my god, what happened to you mein Sohn!?worried Richtofen's mother.

"Who did this to you mein Sohn?"ask Edward's father. He added,"It was Walter right?". Richtofen nodded.

"Edward come here und talk to us,"Richtofen's mother said with concern.

However, he replied back to his mother,"I would like to be alone please". Without an answer back, Richtofen went straight to his room then turn on the lights and lock the door. He place his backpack inside the closet then he lay himself on his bed. Richtofen was stare at the ceiling, thinking on many things, but on one specific topic.

"Why must I be bullied for my intelligence? Why do they care more about strength than intelligence? Why can't I have some friends who will accept me just the way I am? At least I have a family even though mein sister can be annoying sometimes and my parents yell at me when doing things to mein sister. Still I wish to have friends who will accept me and support me and always stay by my side to the end,"Richtofen saying all this to himself.

Richtofen stop thinking and turn off the lights and decide best to sleep. He slowly close his eyes til he finally relax and sleep with no worries.

Little did Edward Richtofen know he will have his wish granted, but in order for it to be granted, he will have to go down to a dark path.