Boruto

My eyes fluttered open as dawn broke and brought a light mist along with it. I glanced down to see Sarada sleeping peacefully nestled into my arms, and I completely froze.

How did this happen? I wondered as I watched her chest rise and fall with every breathe. She looked so innocent when she slept, so unlike the hard-core girl I've known for years. Her face had none of its normal worry lines, and her body language was much looser.

Either way, I didn't mind Saradas close presence. I remembered Momsoketi paying me a visit last night as well, this time with messages of even more trials to come, these directly involving Sarada. But the dream didn't last as long as it usually did when he decided to chat with me, and definitely subsided at one point or another. When I thought of him, he didn't bring me terror as he used to. Instead, a feeling of warmth flooded my insides and comforted me. I knew then that she must have been the one to stop my nightmare. It felt so right to have her in my arms, like it was something that should always happen. I examined her and shook my head as she so often did at me. She really is something  was the thought that came to mind as I pushed loose hair behind her ear. She shivered under my touch ever so slightly.

I then tried to adjust my arm, but it was not use. Sarada had reflexes of a cat, and immediately leaped up in a fighting stance as soon as I moved an inch.

"Well, good morning to you as well." I chuckled as she still looked around wildly.

Once she saw that it was just me, her arms flopped back down to her sides and looked directly at the ground. "Morning." she responded shyly. We both stood awkwardly, avoiding each others eyes as we looked anywhere else.

"We should get going again." I suggested, trying to help move through the unspoken change that had just occurred between the both of us.

"Yeah your right." she said with a relieved tone. I gave her a boost and we returned back into the trees, preparing ourselves for what could come next.