Boruto

I felt like an absolute idiot in that moment, and I knew I had screwed up. I should have gone to my dad for help, but my pride had gotten in the way. I wanted to show him how I had grown, that I could handle this mission. But now, I had a fight on my hands that I didn't know if I could win.

You can't think that way, I reprimanded as I got ready to do whatever I needed to do to win. It couldn't be up in the air, I knew I had to do whatever I needed for victory. And whatever I needed to do to protect her.

I activated my pure eye and saw dark and brooding chakra coming off of all of them. I looked at Sarada for reassurance and she gave me a nod, letting me know that she would be by my side. We exchanged eye contact, and through her signal, she communicated a plan that we never thought we would have to use.

"I guess it's now or never" she said, confirming my thoughts of using said plan z.

"Now or never." I retorted and got ready for the fight of my life.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Sarada and I charged toward, moving in sync as we started to do the first part of the plan, weakness searching. The most important thing about what we had to do was that it had to happen early. Delta was easy, as we had already figured out what made her tick. But, Boro and Jigen were a whole other ball game. Sarada and I only knew what we have been told about them from my father and Sasuke. I knew Boro had massive strength, as well as fluid moment. Jigen was very intelligent and always seemed to think one step ahead.

Sarada and I had to test this, so we pulled a trap. I went one way around the crew, while she went another. Delta prepared to fire beams from her eyes as Boro and Jigen tried to catch us. I quickly created a rasegan and shot it at Boro, making him waiver slightly. This helped me gage the power of his strength. While Sarada activated her sharingan and moved with grace and ease around Jigen. As we anticipated, she couldn't get a small mark on him. He dodge everything and expected it before it came. All of this happened before Delta could fire her beams, but when she did, Sarada and I drew back on the defensive.

I felt the heat searing passed me as each beam flew by. It was time to go through the next sequence, attack mode. Sarada got her fire jutsu ready as I combined it with my lighting style. The move sizzled as it landed, destroying where the three were previously standing. This drew them into action as well, as Jigen and Boro flung Delta into the air as she retorted the move back at us. Sarada and I dodged in time as a shower of fire and lighting rained down on us.

Close range attacks seemed to be what would work, so the next move involved just that. I made a rasegan that had lighting within its center and passed it to Sarada. Sarada, with her strength, hurled the attack at Delta, as I used my pure eyes chakra control to make sure it hit its mark. It made BOOMING noise as it connected with Delta in the air, and she exploded on the spot.

One down, two to go. I thought as I understood that the real fight was just beginning. Now that we had evened out the fight, it was phase 3 of plan z, individual attack. We would both take on an enemy one on one, with the others help when necessary.

I knew that Sarada would be a good counter for Boro with strength of her own, so I signaled her to fight him with a head jerk toward him. She reaffirmed what I had to say with a glance, and went off to face her enemy. That left me stuck with Jigen. He greeted me with a snarl and a disappearing glance, letting me know he was not pleased by my presence.

" If you just gave us the information we needed, this fight won't be necessary, you brat." He snapped with fire burning in his eyes.

"If you just minded your own business, we won't have to defeat you." I retorted back in a mocking tone. With that, Jigen said no more, and charged with his next move. He thrust his fist forward and sent a punch to the middle of my chest. But this was not just a punch. He had charged his hand ionically, and I felt the electricity burn through my body as I was thrown backwards. The blow took a lot out of me, and Jigen knew it, as he calculated my chakra points and aimed to destroy me. I wanted to lie on the ground and let the pain wash over me. But I knew I couldn't. I had to win, for my dad, for my village, and most importantly, for her.

I watched as Sarada mercilessly continued to hit Boro, even when she was punched. She attacked in anyway she could, alternating between Justus. She inspired me, and I knew whatever I had to do next was for her. I gathered my remaining strength, wobbled up from the ground, and faced my challenger. It was time to give it everything I had. No more playing around.

I charged forward with a new found tenacity. I summoned shadow clones and had them all attack with a lightning style jutsu, combined with a massive wind gust. I watched as Jigen saw my moves coming, and dodged them with ease.

"Is that all you got kid?" He taunted as prepared to blast me with a beam coming from his hand.

I felt a smile tug onto my face as he fell for my trap. "Missed one."

He saw all too late the three shadow clones that came from above him. They had a massive rasageon that hit before Jigen could react. I watched as he sailed through the air and landed on the ground with a thud. He removed motionless, indicating that I had defeated him.

I have to help Sarada now was my first thought. But before I could act on it, my energy suddenly started to deplete. I felt my limbs go numb as my vision started to go dark.

What's going on? The only thing I could think about was Jigen's single punch. There must have been something more to it was the last competent thought that crossed my head as I disappeared once again into my dreams of doom.