Sarada

We both knew that something had changed between us last night. What I had done and how he had reacted, it changed the way I thought of him. Now, every sideways glance he gave me sent the already present butterflies zooming around my stomach. Every loopy and relaxed smile he shot me sent tingles throughout my body. We weren't the same, and we both knew it. We had shared intimacy that couldn't be taken back. All he did was hold me in his arms, but it left me hungry for more. It was a hunger that continued to grow inside of me, almost consuming me with its power.

Contain yourself   I scolded myself as we bounded through the trees You have a mission to complete. But, honestly, I was having a hard time keeping my focus. No matter how hard I tried, my thoughts always went back to him. I longed for him, so desperately. I was so deep in thought that I didn't notice that the trees came to a stop. I jumped forward almost automatically, only to find nothing but air in front of me. I screamed, seemingly falling in slow motion. But then, he was there. He caught me swiftly, and we landed gracefully on the ground.

Why does he always have to save me I wondered as I gazed into his ocean blue eyes. He looked back at me with a dopey grin plastered on his face. 10 seconds past, then 20, of us losing ourselves in the other. He leaned closer to me, and I could feel his hot breath on my check. I could see the urge in his eyes. I wanted so badly to forget about everything and completely lose myself in him. But, I knew that if I didn't stop this now, I would completely lose all self-control and do something that would really change us forever. And we had to finish this mission.

"Boruto, you can drop me now." I whispered in a small voice, one unrecognizable to my own ears. The voice I heard was timid and shaky, missing the usual confidence that oozed in it.

He snapped out of his gaze "Oh yeah, right" he stumbled awkwardly over his words and set me down lightly. We both broke out of the trance and finally looked around. We had come to a clearing in the forest, a meadow to be exact. Daisies and pansies of purple and blue filled the green grass, and a singular, large rock sat in the middle.

"This seems to be where we are supposed to meet Sasuke, right?" Boruto said with uncertainty as he glanced around. The meadow matched Lord 7ths description, but I had to do one final thing to make sure this was the correct place. I walked straight up to the rock and felt its smooth surface, looking for a certain imperfection. After sliding my hands around for a bit, I finally came across what I was looking for.

"Yep, it is." I confirmed as I touched the mark that let me know we would be seeing my father soon. It was a small imprint of a hawk, and in its beak was a scroll of paper. "This lets me know that he wants us to meet here."

"He's a tricky one, your dad" Boruto exclaimed as he came over to feel the rock. "I mean, I would know, he trained me for 2 years." My dad was Boruto's sensei, and for 2 years they set off on a long and difficult journey together. He didn't tell me a lot, as he want to keep what happened between Sasuke and himself, but he came back with a lot more skill. Not to mention his jacked up muscles and slick physic.

Sarada!! Stop it! I scolded myself again as I willed myself to focus You have to stay alert!

"Yeah, he is" I agreed as I scanned our surroundings. I didn't want to waste how far we had come. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw branches move ever so slightly. I tapped Boruto lightly and nodded my head in the direction of the moment. He gave me a look, showing me he understood, and stood a little straighter, as preparing for a fight. I searched the tree line, and saw no more movement in any directions. I breathed a sigh of relief, willing myself to believe that I was just imagining things. But just then, I felt a chill creep into my body, sending ice through my being. That's when I knew we had company.

"Boruto, we're not alone." I whispered as I saw 3 figure finally appear into the opening. What I saw gave me no reassurance, as it was a new Delta, joined by Boro, a giant man with a beard and mustache and Jigen, the leader of the Kara, who stood proud and tall.

"Yoo hoo!" Delta shouted as she waved her arms furiously like a cheerleader. "Over here, you Brats! I found you!!" she called with delight.

"Oh shit." was all Boruto could mutter as they closed in to attack us.