Pain

Tell me if my voice isn't real
If I shouldn't have thrown myself away
Tell me if even this pain isn't real
What I was supposed to do back then

Haneul cried in her mother's arms all night. They both only had each other now. The memories of the lost ones lingered in their heads. They separated themselves from the Shin family who were on the other side of the room, grieving the deaths of their family.

Mrs. Shin was Mr. Lee's sister. She was grieving the deaths of her mother and brother while securing her future. She claimed the ownership over her father's house,taking away Haneul's home where the memories of her father and grandma lingered. She also took more than half of her wealth, leaving them with her father's spare apartment on the outskirts of the city and a little amount of money.

It all happened too fast. It was just right after the funeral.  Haneul's mother could not do anything as she was too vulnerable. Two days later, they were moving out of their own home. Haneul cried and protested that she didn't want to go. She was forcefully dragged out by her own aunt. She went out of the house but not before punching her aunt on the face. Her nose started to bleed and she angrily shouted, "Did you forget to respect your elders?"

"I HAVE NO FUCKING RESPECT FOR YOU, BITCH.YOU STOLE MY HOME WHERE MY DAD'S MEMORIES ARE. YOU FUCKING STOLE MY EVERYTHING. DO YOU FUCKING THINK THAT YOU ARE THE ONLY HEIR  IN THE FAMILY?!"

Haneul screamed at the top of her lungs. She cried in her mother's arms who was trying to control her.

"Shhh. Haneul,calm down,baby."

"Mom, she's a fucking bitch."

"I know."

Mrs. Shin was furious as she heard these words. She slammed them out of the house. As the rain started to pour, they went out to their spare apartment. It was an hour away from their previous home.

Haneul cried harder in the car as it was all too hard to take in.

Meanwhile, Taehyung was having unbearable pain in his hand for a week. This pain was only getting worse and it was at its peak. He laid on the bed alone and his tears started flowing.

Lee Haneul, where are you?

He thought to himself.

Maybe you're the end of this pain.

He thought to himself again. He knew he had to find Haneul to end his pain.

Haneul looked over the apartment. It was a mess and she hated it. She wanted to go back to her home. She was crying uncontrollably as her mother held her.

She cried all night as she remembered what had happened. The memories made her heart ache. She did not know what to do anymore.

The sun rose and she heard her doorbell ring. Her mother opened the door to see her brother. Haneul's uncle was in London with his boyfriend. He came back as soon as possible to be there for his sister.

Haneul's mother broke down in tears while she hugged her elder brother tightly. He rubbed circles on her back. Soon after they pulled away from the hug, he called Haneul. He hugged Haneul tightly as she cried because of how much she missed that fatherly hug.

He sat down as both of them calmed down. He asked, "So what's your plan? What's next?"

"We haven't planned anything yet." Haneul's mother replied.

"You have to plan. We can do it a few days later if you're uncomfortable now."

"No,uncle. We'll do it now. It's better if everything gets to normal now." Haneul said,thinking of those memories that tormented her all day.

"Yes." Her mother replied,understanding why she said it. "I'll start working on Wednesday. That'll be used for the groceries, food, and bills."

"What about Haneul's school?"

"I'll join a new school here. It would cost less."

"No, whatever your father left for us will be used in it."

"But mom, there's a transportation cost."

"So what? I'll go to my work by bus. Bus is cheaper than taxis."

"That means double the cost."

"No, I want you to go to your school."

"Okay."

Haneul was defeated and she was going to school on Wednesday. Haneul was somehow glad at the idea of seeing her friends.

She was slowly adjusting to the new house but the pain was still there.

Taehyung's pain was a little bit better. As he went to work in his hotel, he was feeling better. He was the owner of a 5-star hotel and he was leading a life of a wealthy human being. He still wanted to see Jin to find Lee Haneul. Jin would not come to him especially after sensing the danger lurking around Taehyung.

Wednesday was soon here. Haneul went to her school, eager to meet Hyeri, her best friend. She was not welcomed by her or her other friends. Apparently, she suddenly became too poor to hang out with them. Joohyun was now the centre of attention. Haneul dropped from being popular to be an outcast.

Haneul cried in the bathroom after the first class ended. She hated how her friends turned their backs on her when she became nobody.

"Those fake bitches are not worth your time."

She whispered to the mirror as her puffy eyes were looking at her reflection.

"Hey."

A girl said softly.

"I heard how Hyeri turned her back against you. It's disgusting that she was bragging about it. Are you okay though?"

"I'm sorry but who're you?"

"Oh you might not know me. I'm one class junior than you. I'm Soojin."

"How do you know me?"

"Everyone in the school knows you. You're the nicest senior in the school."

"Thanks."

"Haneul...can we have lunch together?"

"Yeah sure."

"So I'll see you again."

That was when Haneul found herself a new friend. She wondered if Soojin was actually this nice. If Soojin wanted something, why would she talk to Haneul? She had nothing.

A/N: Sorry if this chapter is too boring. There's too much going on right now and I need to explain everything.