The Kiss

Even in a hundred years in the future, I want my next step to be next to you.

Haneul slowly realised that she was in love with Taehyung. And that was her first love. Yoongi was someone she liked but it was always Taehyung.

She smiled shyly as she fell asleep. She was truly happy now.

As she walked into the school the next day, her good mood turned bad instantly. Joohyun was crying alone in the empty classroom. She went to ask her what was going on.

"Hey."

Haneul said awkwardly.

"I don't want to talk to you now."

Joohyun said coldly.

"I don't want to either but I probably know what's up with you anyway."

"Of course. You know because it all happened because of you."

"What? Jungkook made a mistake because he was angry."

"Angry because of you."

"Excuse me. Weren't you the one who decided to be a bitch and post some stupid pictures to make him mad at me?"

Joohyun left the classroom. After the school was over, Haneul went to her workplace. Haneul was welcomed by the crowded room and the boss yelled at her in front of everyone in the room.

She was just 5 minutes late. She tolerated everything and silence took over her. She hated how things were going that day.

After this, she ran into Jin on her way to the hospital.

"Hey, can we talk?"

Jin asked politely

"Yeah. But make it quick. My mom's waiting for me."

Haneul quickly said.

"It's about Joohyun."

"What?"

"Be a little nicer to her."

"I try but she's a bitch."

"Even if she's a bitch, you don't become one."

"May I know what I did?"

"You were mean to her today."

"I just stated a fact there."

"I don't care if you did. You're her cousin. Won't you know what's going on with her family?"

"We don't keep in touch anymore."

"Hold my hand and close your eyes."

Jin ordered and Haneul obeyed.

She saw a toddler Joohyun playing with her dolls in a fearful behaviour while the shadows of her parents were raising their hands on each other.

She then saw the time when Joohyun's father passed away from alcohol poisoning. The six year old girl was beyond devastated. However, what her mother said was not exactly comforting.

"That bastard left us with nothing. No money for your future,nothing."

Mrs. Shin cried.

"Why can't you take help from Granny?"

Joohyun asked.

"They won't help us, my dear."

"Why not?"

"Because I married your dad against them saying no's."

Soon they moved onto the eighth year old Joohyun who became more quiet. Haneul bought her brand new doll while Joohyun looked at her old ragged doll that her mother played with in her childhood. Haneul's dad came in and hugged Haneul. She sat on his lap as Joohyun stared at them with sad eyes.