Water

Noah steps into the dining hall, bowing respectfully. "Good evening Lord Stark. Lady Stark." "Lady Mars." Glancing up she sees that Robb Stark is desperately trying to make himself look good in his seat. She supresses a laugh and merely straightens up. "Good evening to you too. Sit." They had arranged a small table across from them. Where she would sit as it was unbefitting to have a subordinate dine with them. "Now. How are my children coming along? Are they doing well?" "Indeed they are. Arya especially with reading. I am very proud of her in that regard. She is a very quick learner and can now read from the history books almost flawlessly.", Noah smiles and Arya beams at her, hearing the praise. Catelyn looks at the woman before her. Impressed. "Rickon and Bran are getting a hang of it, while I can already tell that Bran is getting better and better at writing. Especially the elaborate cursive that is usually used in letters between noble families. Rickon is too, although I can understand that he is not too eager to sit in the library tower all day with me and the Maester and study the art of writing and reading. He is young after all. Sansa is already very well taught but there is always something to learn still. And Robb as you know has already finished all of my tests successfully and is released from my care with my good conscience and faith that his abilities are more than satisfactory." Both Lord and Lady Stark seem highly satisfied with what is told to them. "And Jon?" "Jon is already at a level that can only be compared to that of Robb or myself and sometimes I feel he is spending too much time with me. But as I am very fond of him I feel the need to give him all the knowledge I have that he could possibly ever need.", Noah admits, with a small smile. "Fond in a way that would make you want to marry him?" "Fond in a way a mother would be of her son." Ned Stark glances at her, then nods. "Does Jon view you in a similar way?" Noah looks back at him and in her usual calm and gentle voice she answers: "He thanked me for being a mother to him. Yes. He does." The man seems satisfied with her answer. "He is a bastard. A Snow." "Forgive me Lady Catelyn but I am merely a servant. A well educated one maybe and one that has the pleasure of working with a noble family like yours." Those words hit home with the children. Her especially Arya. "No!" The girl is on her feet and in no time at all right beside Noah, embracing her. "You are family! You are my friend." Words like these made it hard for Noah to think she'd ever be able to leave. Leaning over with a few tears escaping her eyes she embraces the young girl. "She is not exactly wrong. You are like a sister to me. Always listen to my problems and give me the best advice when I need it.", Sansa speaks up and Noah lifts her head, laughing softly. "I didn't expect this, I must admit. I adore each and every one of you. But in the end.. I'm not a Stark. I am a Mars." "You could always become a Stark." "Robb.. you are young and a life is long. I am not the right one for you, no matter how much you've convinced yourself that I am." She speaks those words softly, while gently brushing over Arya's hair as the girl still clings to her. When she finally let's go Noah quickly wipes away the small tear on the girl's face. "Please don't ever leave.", Arya asks. "One day I will leave you. But don't think for a second that I will not always miss you and be with you in spirit. Okay?" The girl nods and slowly walks back to her seat. "Thank you, Lord and Lady Stark for allowing me to be here and have part in this. Truly. Thank you." The two nod, obviously both a bit shaken by how much their children had grown attached to the young woman.
Of course they had known of Robb's affection for the teacher. But not of Arya's deep love for her. And most certainly not about Sansa's. Bran and Rickon both had just about jumped to their feet as well. It was a clear display of their adoration and as long as Lady Mars would be there, they had no doubt in their mind that they would grow up well. The rest of the meal they speak of more light-hearted topics and all find enjoyment in it.
After dinner Noah leaves with a respectful bow and with a gentle side hug given to the smiling Arya. She then moves out of the hall and down into Winterfell to reach the bakers house. The man greets her kindly. "Noah!" "Ben!" They hug with a laugh. The man was in his 50's and happily married to his wife that also greets her like a daughter. "Noah." "Mary." The woman kisses both her cheeks then pulls her inside. "So. Another five lessons for Buck and one small cake for you. Here you go." Noah receives the heavenly smelling packed up cake. "Lovely. Thank you. And yes. He is improving a lot already. I think he'll be able to read simple sentences perfectly very soon." The couple beams at the praise and offer Noah to stay, but the woman declines. "I promised to be back at the castle and eat a second dinner with Jon." She lifts up the cake for explanation. "You get along well with Lord Starks bastard, don't you?" "Sometimes it feels as if he were my son. It's impossible for he is merely 4 years younger than myself but I love him as if he were my own.", Noah says. The couple smiles. "Give him our best wishes. Good night." "Good night to you too." With that she is outside once more and making her way back into the castle to her quarters. Inside her room at the small table Jon is waiting. Candlelight and the fire in the fireplace illuminate the room. As darkness has already fallen over the large castle. "I'm sorry I let you wait. I've got cake.", Noah chirps and he smiles. "I ate my dinner here too. I hope that was alright. It's.. habit, I guess." "You are always welcome here, Jon. I thought you knew that by now." "It can't hurt to make sure." He smiles and Noah laughs. Placing the cake in front of him she shrugs out of her coat and takes from a drawer a sharp knife. She unwraps the small cake and cuts it in half, handing one half to Jon and they enjoy the delicious, soft cake and Noah wonders if maybe someday she could take him with her to her world and have him eat all sorts of sweets and treats. "What are you thinking about?" "Jon.. do the walls listen in this castle?", she asks the boy and he shakes his head. "Far too thick for that. What is it now?" Noah places down her cake and sighs. It was time to explain to maybe the only person she would ever trust in. This world with her secret.