Pained

Noah had stood right by Joffree when Tywin Lannister had announced the end of the war. She had dashed over to Sansa, making quite a few people jump but before they could even begin to question her, the young Stark had lost her consciousness and fallen into the brunettes arms, who lifts her up and, after a wordless glance at Joffree who dismisses her with a nod, carries her into her chambers.
"So she actually didn't lie.", Tywin muses, glancing after the woman dressed in a pale ivory coloured dress made of a thinner fabric that perfectly drapes around her form. "About what?", Joffree asks, the arrogant edge not leaving his voice. "She said she was coming here for the Stark girl." "I made her my advisor and confined her to the kings landing in return for the girls safety. A good exchange I believe. She already created a plan to deal with the hungry common folk.", he says, before leaving the room. "Did she now?", Tywin mumbles to himself. "You shouldn't underestimate her father. The reason we need her is that she can control Joffree. Better than anyone else ever could. And since it is us that is in charge of Sansa Stark she is loyal to us to a default." "She can manipulate Joffree?" "If she'd ask him to make her the queen he'd not ask when and where but what dress she'd like to wear." Tywin glances after the the direction the woman had left to.
"Are you sure?" "Completely."
"Good."

Sansa, after more than three days, still hadn't left her room and although Noah would have loved to stay with her she was needed to go to the upcoming meeting of the kings council.
Getting dressed in one of her current favourite gowns, blue with a plunge at the neckline, tight corseted top and waist with a draping skirt that, in the right light would show her legs underneath the fabric. It almost felt like she was back home for this was the style she'd usually prefer to wear. Just longer and not as practical. Leaving her hair open and using a sheer scarf to cover her almost completely exposed back that would show her tattoos if she'd make a slight wrong move she leaves her quarters, walking past a bunch of guards strewn across the keep until she opens the office of the hand where most of the small council is already waiting. "Ah. Noah." Cercei is on her feet in a moment's time, taking Noah's hands into hers. "Milady.", Noah greets with a slim smile. "I haven't seen you in days." "Sansa is not feeling too well as you may imagine. Neither am I but duty calls I believe. I do not like leaving her at a time like this. Yet I doubt the king would be very pleased with my absence." Cercei nods. "It is good to have you here. Being the only woman can be boring." Noah cracks a smile. "I can only imagine. How frustrating when really women can be just as if not even smarter than men." The last part Noah whispers and Cercei laughs, then walks to the wine tray. "Would you like a glass?" "I don't like wine. I'm more of a Rum kind of person." "Rum? Truly?" "If prepared well Rum can be quite a sophisticated drink. Or Vodka." "I've never heard of Vodka." Cercei steps closer to her again, swirling her glass of wine. "It is prepared the same way as Rum. Just with Ale. The drink burns in ones throat and I've hardly met a person to drink more than a bottle worth of it without loosing consciousness. But it is particularly good when one wants to forget." "What is it that you want to forget?" "The misery of being alive." Cercei nods thoughtfully. Just that moment Tywin Lannisters followed by Joffree enter the office and take their seats. Tywin at the head of the table, Cercei and Noah to the left and right of him, Joffree next to Noah, Tyrion, Baelish and all the others find their seat accordingly.
"It is time to address the north and whom to place as Lords in charge of it to keep it under control. Noah swallows down her sarcastic smile. If the old lion only knew that Tyrion, the one child he would have disowned if he could, would be the only one of his legacy left alive..
She chooses to instead exchange a meaningful glance with Cercei.
"I do believe it is the Boltons you've been wrapping around your finger for quite a while now, Lord Tywin. Isn't it obvious to place them in charge of the North then?", Varys says with his whistful voice Noah had grown to actually enjoy.
"Roose Bolton has one legitimised bastard son as heir. Ramsay. A cruel little beast that is known to take people captive and then have them torn apart by hounds or flayed alive. Fear may always be a way to keep control but it is not an infinite one. Fear turns to anger and to hatred and finally to violence. The North may not be as powerful as it was united under Robb Stark but it will be reunited if it is against a common enemy. And if that enemy is their representative.. I do not doubt you'll be sent his head on a stick sooner or later.", Noah speaks up, already bored. Joffree glances at her and she gives him the smallest smile she can manage before turning back to answer Tywin Lannisters stare with indifference. "I do not believe a woman to know enough about such things to speak up on this matter." "Where I came from we have no kings anymore. Shall I tell you why? The common folk was so fed up with having to suffer while the king indebted the country further into crisis with lavish lifestyle and killed those who would try to do something against it. They stormed the royal homes and took the royal family captive, dragged them out and executed them publically as well as every cardinal and every man associated with them and their wastefulness. I do like most of the royal family and the people sitting at this very table. And my student Sansa too is of noble descent. I would not risk it. Yet it appears that my femininity is distracting my wits from making conscious decisions. What shame." Noah leans back, hiding her smugness, while Cercei doesn't even attempt to hide hers. She casts a slight toast towards Noah who just shrugs slightly, while Tywin only stares her down. "All of you. Out! Now!" Joffree casts her a worried glance but Noah only pats his arm nudging him away gently.
"It is dishonouring that my grandson even allows you as an advisor! Women have no earthly business in the small council. Especially not a common whore!" "The difference between me and a common whore is that one can not buy me and I do pride myself on being more than well educated. To top all of that I do not fear nor respect you enough to stop from speaking out my opinion that I know to be correct, milord." Noah moves through the office and comes to a stand directly in front of the old lion. "My loyalty may belong to the Starks but that does not mean that I completely disregard the duties your king has bestowed on me. And that is advising him directly. My advice is to kill the Bolton's while you still can and take any northern lord you believe you can trust to place as warden. You may have only heard of that little cruel bastard but I have seen him on my travels. Roose Bolton himself can barely control him. I first saw him when he was having a hunt. A hunt after a young girl he had seen playing and decided he wanted. He raped her many times in those woods before having her torn apart by his hounds. If that is what you desire.. go right ahead but if I can guarantee you one thing.. Roose Bolton won't live long if you give that family power. And Ramsay I'd love for you to try and control.. Much amusement with your decision making, Lord Tywin. Good day to you." Using his own methods against the old man Noah turns right around and marches to door and slams it close behind her. Her eyes fall onto the whole small council who apparently had listened to every word said. "I am ready for breakfast. Are the Tyrells in the gardens already? Maybe I shall join them..", Noah says. "How did you do that?" "Pardon me?" "You made my grandfather fall silent.", Joffree says, obviously impressed. "I used his own methods against him. Shall I teach you?" Joffree nods and her expression turns thoughtful for a moment. "After breakfast then. You'll find me with the Tyrells. I've grown to rather enjoy Lady Olennas company." "May I escort you there.. Lady Mars?" She looks at Lord Varys who had spoken up before the little fuck Baelish could. "You may Lord Varys. Although you may have to come prepared for a lot of jokes at your cost courtesy of Lady Olenna." Noah and Varys leave the council behind and make their way into the gardens. "What an impressive show, Lady Mars.", he smiles and Noah laughs. "Indeed? I found the performance rather lack luster." "Oh no. You were fiery and every argument was perfectly well placed." "Complimented by the spider. Attempting to built your web between my thorns?" "Am I succeeding?" "My loyalty lies with the Starks. And it will forever be that way. Still.. I do not doubt that you are a valuable friend to keep. As much as I am to you. The only problem is you are attempting it without the need to do so. Save yourself the effort. I am quite open about everything. I have nothing to hide." "Why does the king seem to be.. entranced by you." "Why are close to all men I've ever come across? I do not know. For the life of me I don't know what I am doing wrong and rejecting so many proposals gets tiring. Believe me. It is no secret that the king asked me, during a visit in Winterfell when all was still well and Lord Stark was still warden of the North, to be his future queen. And I denied it. He then requested me to go south with them. I declined for I chose to stay with Lady Catelyn after Brandon fell from the tower. I only came now for Sansa's sake and I bought her safety with my honest work. That is all." Varys looks at her and he can not find a single lie in her words. "I am glad for your presence here. I do not doubt we'll have a fabulous friendship." "Neither do I."