The parting

It had been late when Noah returned to her quarters. The lesson was far more complicated than she had dreaded. Sighing softly she enters the warm room where the fire is cracking softly. "Noah." She jumps a bit, pressing her hand to her chest. A soft sigh leaves her lips when her eyes find Jon resting on her bed. "Don't scare me like that you idiot!", she laughs, lunging a shoe at the boy who quickly dodges it and gets out of her bed. "I missed you today." "I missed you too. Trust me. Especially in the last three hours. I've never met such a daft person before in my life." Wrapping her arms around his neck she allows herself to rest a bit of her weight on him, knowing he'd be able to hold her. "Father allowed me to join the nightswatch. Just like you said he would." Noah steps back a bit and brushes through his dark locks, then sighs. "I don't want you to go.. but I guess I'll have to if everything here shall turn out for the better. You know what will happen." Jon nods. "I'm going to die and be brought back to life by the red priestess that walks by Stannis Baratheons side." Noah smiles softly. "I really wish I could change everything. But it might mean leaving this world to the white walkers. Once you leave I will take my leave as well.. I would try and interfere with all that is going to happen. And I can not allow myself to do so." Jon nods. "You'll come find me, yes?" "Trust me, Jon.. I'll always know where to find you." Noah yawns and stretches a bit. "I'm going to take a quick bath and then sleep.. Are you staying tonight?" Jon nods slightly and she smiles at him. "Have you eaten?" "Plenty." "Good. Go lay down then." So he does while the otherworldly woman grabs her nightgown and slips into the bathroom where she lights a fire under the metal bathtub, heating the water, then quickly moving the coals into another smaller fire place and sliding into the tub while Jon drops back into the large bed. It had been Noah's first purchase with the money she had earned and he was thankful for it since it allowed him to stay over some nights. They would stay apart and he wouldn't even dare dream about touching her. But he felt safe in that room where someone was who genuinely cares for him. It was her who had told him everything. Even his true name. Why he was a bastard to his 'father' when really he should be sitting upon the iron throne. Why he was hated by Catelyn Stark. Why Robert Baratheon despised the Targaryens. Why things had to happen the way they would and why it was necessary that they would.
He never thought he knew so little until she had told him everything. She even had explained to him her world. Electricity. Technology. And other words that were even in his mind hard to pronounce. And she had told him about Zachary. The man she loved. She had told him a lot about him and the way she had smiled had guaranteed him that indeed she truly did love that man in a way he could only aspire to ever love and be loved. He knew that there would be a fiery wilding in his future. Yet all he wanted was for a woman to look as dazed speaking about him as Noah looked when even speaking her 'boyfriends' name.

Noah is submerged in the steaming water, cleaning herself from the struggles of the day. Carefully she washes each strand of hair, combing it to make it easier. Using the tiniest bit of soap she cleans her roots then works the soap down to the tips before cleaning it all out in the water. Using a handcrafted razor she shaves her body completely. It almost feels like she was back in her world. But alas. She was not. Getting out of the bath she quickly dries herself off and let's out the dirty water, then she slides into her nightgown and pulls her hair out of the towel and brushes it up into a messy bun. Noah quickly steps back into the bedroom after extinguishing the fire in the fireplace and joins Jon under the thick covers. He looks over at her. "Is this truly goodbye?" "No. It's a see you soon, Jon.", Noah says softly brushing a hand over his cheek. He closes his eyes at the sensation of warm, soft skin. "Sleep well." He smiles. "You too... mother." Their hands are connected as they fall asleep.
Noah knows he would never truly be her son. But she didn't mind or be able to stop to seeing him as such.