True friends

Noah stood beside Oberyn during the wedding, keeping Joffree in check with glances to show her hurt if he even opened his mouth to speak offensive words. Much to the Dornish princes amusement it actually did work, despite her holding his arm the entire time. He knew her better than any other person in that very room. And he was glad to be the one she had trusted enough. To be the only one who knew of her intent to bring back the dead.
In a few moons he himself would be dead. Still he trusted her as much as she must have trusted him. And if dying was what it took for him to be reunited with his sister it was more than worth it.
He could barely get over the fact that his lover Ellaria would be murdering his brother and Myrcella who was now officially a bastard and his daughters would be killing his nephew. But he could accept it. He would give everything, including them despite all the affection he felt for them, to see his sister one more time.
A gentle squeeze of his arm brings him back to reality.
There would be no bedding ceremony.
Noah of course was right. Tyrion wouldn't touch Sansa if it were with gloves that sustain the heat of a blacksmiths fire. He knew he wouldn't have been so caring. Yet at the same time he would have doubted his ability to become hard with Noah's glare in his back. Just as he had thought her name it is spoken from another mouth. "Noah." "Joffree." "I suppose this evening must have kept your spirits up." Noah's eyes look into those blue ones the Lannister bastard had. She smiles gently. "Thank you." "Ah Lady Mars. I see you and Prince Oberyn are getting along quite well. I hear you took a ride yesterday and only returned on foot." Tywin creeps closer, but Noah only nods. "I believe I need to thank you for tasking me with keeping Prince Oberyn company. I have made one of the best friends I think I've ever had. I'm sorry Lord Varys." The man who was just passing by stops with a mild smile on his lips. "Apologies accepted. I believe myself to be a fabulous friend to keep." With that he disappears into the crowd. "Anyways. He had asked me about tales from my home and I had gotten so caught up in talking we had realised it would be better to walk back as to allow me to finish at least a few.", Noah beams. "Tales?" Joffrees ears perk up. "Nursery tales?" "No. No. No nursery tales. More cultural ones. Such as believes. Religions. There is a large diversity where I am from. Some religions have all but died out. But some still continue to exist. Do not get me started. I do enjoy talking about such things a bit too much." "And in return I talked a bit about Dorne. The sandbars and gardens. The palaces. The books. The traditions." "There is never enough one can know, is there?" Indeed they had spoken of such things that evening as well. Noah's bluntness when it came to the events that would come was very helpful in finishing the definite tales of the future of his and the other houses. It had amused him greatly to know that Tywin Lannister would die on the shithole. Where he and any Lannister in his humble opinion belonged. Maybe aside of Tyrion Lannister after all he had heard of him from Noah. "I am glad you find so much enjoyment in our guest after all there aren't many.. friends of house Martell awaited here." "Ah. That reminds me. I have finished all the paperwork you have added to my workload and my own yesterday, Lord Tywin. They are waiting in my office. Also I have corrected Tommens last work and it was close to perfect. Both of you can be very proud of him. He'll be a very helpful ally once he is all grown up.", Noah praises, as Tommen comes close. Quickly the boy attaches himself to her side and she gently pat's his blond hair with her free hand, keeping the other on Oberyns arm as if to both reassure and hold him back at the same time. "Did someone finally succeed in melting the Winterroses heart?", Cercei greets, now too joining them, casting a glance at Oberyn. "I am afraid I have failed in my pursuit of her yet gained a friend.", the man says, his voice keeping its playfully seductive tone as he looks at Noah, earning a raised eyebrow and sarcastic smile. "We both do know that this isn't working but do continue." He chuckles. "See?" "What a shame. I do believe you would have made quite a good pair.", Cercei says. "I would have waged hell upon him after five minutes, wouldn't I?" The blonde woman nods and both of them share a laugh.
It was strange for Oberyn to see everyone somehow get along with this otherworldly woman. Yet he didn't blame them for desiring to do so. She was charming, radiantly beautiful, fierce, intelligent and seductive without even noticing. If it was only for the way she carried her hair open without a care for southern fashion and sometimes wrapping locks of her hair around her fingers. "I've heard Tommen has improved his writing?" "Indeed. Greatly. I've only found two mistakes in over 300 words when before it would have been close to ten. You can be immensely proud of your son, Milady." Cercei looks with adoring eyes at her little inbred boy and Oberyn found himself agreeing with her desintrest in Robert Baratheon. The man had deteriorated into an ugly shell of himself in just a few years. Nothing was left of the demon of the old days. Only a fat old drunkard with nothing but whores and creating more bastards in mind. But couldn't it have been anyone but her own twin brother. As if brother and sister wasn't horrific enough of a thought. No. They had shared a womb and then growing up apparently a bed. It showed in Joffree and his childish temper he had seen no one completely control but Noah. "May I take leave? I still have something important regarding the upcoming royal wedding to do." "I thought the paperwork was done and taken care of.", Tywin Lannister muses as if it were finally the fault he had been waiting to pick in Noah, but she shakes her head. "That is all finished but I was given a personal request by Lady Margery. It shall be a surprise.." "A surprise?" "For the guests as well as the king himself. Don't expect anything. I just hope it will be good enough.", Noah chuckles and the Lannisters all look intrigued. Oberyn himself has gotten curious of this 'surprise'. "Will Prince Oberyn be accompanying you?" "He may need to help me a bit." "Aren't you an.." before Tywin can say anything Oberyn brings her hand to his lips. "It would be an honour." "Honestly...." The smile on her lips tells of her amusement. "Very well then. I expect you will keep an eye on her? There are still one too many guards lusting after her.", Joffree says, giving a dismissive nod. "What fun to think I'll get to see another man castrated by a thrown dagger." With that the two of them leave.
"What kind of surprise shall it be then?" "Do you know why they sometimes call me a Siren?" "Because of your alluring beauty I imagine." "Partially. Mostly for my voice. I do hardly sing for an audience. Much less one of lords and ladies. Therefore you shall have to help me choose a suitable song to sing. That was Lady Margerys request after all." He finds himself enjoying the prospect of watching the beautiful woman before him perform. Even if it wouldn't be with her bare body and only for him.