4. Past

They had gotten into a smaller ship, in order to land on Chandrila. Fully dressed and with last night's dream pushed into the backs of her mind, Izora sits in her seat next to Kylo Ren and a few Stormtrooper.

Although they haven't even landed on the planet yet, Izora can sense the panic. Outside, the entire village must be running around screaming, trying to save themselves and hide.

Angst. She can clearly feel it, the tension and despair. Normally, a village of this size would not be important to the first order, or to anyone of that matter. It's not the village but much rather the information it holds.

A first order spy has confirmed that a certain Leus Dee Tila owns the map to the resistance base.

The ship lands with a jolt and everybody gets up. The door slides open and they exit over the tailgate.
Izora and Kylo Ren next to each other, the Stormtrooper formation behind them.

Screams fill the air. Screams of people being dragged from their houses, mothers trying to shield their children and men being killed. Dust and smoke transcend into the air from burning huts and the dry ground that's being whirled up. Flames and blaster shots light up the dark town.

Even the engines of more ships landing couldn't drown the rapid gunfire and terrified and pained screams. More troopers piled out of the little ships, running into the chaos. Kylo and Izora both grab their lightsabers and with the distinctive sound, the two blades light up.

Progressing towards a little shack in the middle of the town, they ricochet bullets and take out the people getting in their way. Leus Dee Tila is in that shack and with him, the map to the Reistance base.

During the time of the New Republic, Chandrilas capital was home to the Senate. How fitting that the first order is now bringing destruction to the planet, even if it's just a little, unimportant town. Chaos is sublime for domination.

Izora determinedly steps towards the shack, as if there was no battle raging on around her. She swings her white blade around, rejecting every shot that comes her direction, sending it back to the attacker.

A man crouches in front of her, obviously wounded. With her heavy boot she kicks him to the ground and brings her lightsabre down on him. With a pain filled groan he collapses.

To her left, Kylo walks right through the mass of screaming townspeople, swinging his dangerous, red lightsabre around. It is almost too easy.

With a scream, that was probably meant to give him strength but only exposes his attack, another man runs towards Izora. His face and hands sprinkled with blood, an expression of pain and anger on his face but what Izora mostly feels radiating from him is angst and hate.

With a stern expression on her face, she takes the sabre into both hands, the knife in the mans hand not bothering her at all, and smoothly swings it through the air, cutting the mans body in half.

Skilfully she flips the white blade in front of her body around and catches it with her other hand. Her focus, again, on the little shack. With big steps she walks straight ahead, while sparks and blaster shots fly around her.

Izora

Her eyes widen a bit and she slows down her fast pace. Turning to her left is Kylo, but he was not the one calling her.

Izzy

Now she completely stops in her tracks and looks around. The sounds of the battle fade into the background. Izora takes a step to the right, where is this voice coming from?

Izzy!

Almost hypnotized she stands in the middle of the screams and fires, the shack and Leus Dee Tila have completely left her mind.

Never before has she felt so close to the voice, to what has been calling her from the window on the Finalizer, but no one else seems to hear it. All the hate and determination are gone and she looks around searching for the voice, like a lost child looking for its mother. She is so close and it pulls her, she just doesn't know where to.

A weird sensation of numbness in her thigh brings her back to reality. The sounds of the fight get clearer, almost ringing in her ear. She looks down to her thigh and sees dark red blood pouring out, soaking the dark fabric of her clothes.

The numbness then gives way to a horrible burning sensation. It’s a very hot and sharp pain, like being poked in the wound. Her skin begins to burn and she lets out a pain filled groan, grabbing her thigh and letting the lightsabre fall to the ground.

The pain washes over her, adrenaline had masked the jagged injury for at least a little while, but now it was biting, the burning pain spreading through her body like scorching fire.

As the life fluid drained out of her in it's garish red, her skin took on the pallor of a corpse. Her stomach felt sick and then one by one she lost control of her limbs and sinks to the ground.

Still clasping onto her leg, the puncture where the shot met her flesh pulsating as if it's about to explode.

Her head slumps and she collapses to the ground. Paralysed by the pain, Izora crouches on the ground, her face contorted in a tortured way.

While she struggles to stay conscious, Kylo Ren senses her pain and looks around. It doesn't take him long to see his partner laying on the dusty ground, a pool of blood forming around her.

With big, hurried steps he paces over to her.
"Izora!" He exclaims, slightly turning her around, touching her shoulder. But she is unable to answer, the pain is too great and darkness wraps around her,pulling her into unconsciousness.

Kylo Ren, scooches his hands under her weak body and lifts her up, carrying her back to the ship. Her face, still slightly contorted in a suffering matter, is a whiter shade of pale.

The mission ended.