6. History

For three days I've been imprisoned in the infirmary. Three days of scared doctors checking on me and Kylo visiting occasionally. He has a busy schedule, I wouldn't expect him to come this often.

My health is increasing frustratingly slow and despite the first orders advanced technology and medicine, I still can't go back to my usual routine. I feel the urge to kill the weakness I feel by starting to train again. A lightsabre duel against Kylo or something in that matter.

I've put my usual clothes on, although I just lay in bed, it makes me feel less of a patient and more like a powerful woman. My lightsabre lays on the dresser to my left, urging me to use it.

When I'm not limping around the room I brew over my own failure during the mission. I am eager to shut down the conflicting feelings and I haven't had a strange dream or heard the voice since the day on Chandrila.

I've started wandering around the small room, ignoring my throbbing leg.

Once again the door slides open but there is no necessity to turn around. I felt the weak and spiteful aura before he even entered. A satisfying indication of the slow improvement of my mental powers.

"Izora" he tries to surpres the surprise in his voice but failed miserably.
"I see you are already up on your feet, great" he says but his tone lacks any form of real cheerfulness or compassion.

I turn around and meet Hux' green eyes.
"Yes" I reply blandly "How can I help you, general?" Hux would never pay me a visit just to see how I am health-wise.

Men like Hux are useful. Men consumed with ambition, fueled by spite. Men who can set aside their pride. Who have burning shame inside them. Pups who are abused often grow to be vicious creatures. But they never forget where they came from. And they never forgive. Snoke had once said but truthfully I hold the general with contempt.

His snide voice, the orange hair and nearly invisible eyebrows that don't compliment his hard face in the least, how he believes himself to be authoritative. Everything about him fills me with disgust.

"Since the mission to abduct the map to the resistance base has failed" he says derogatorily, while his hands meet behind his back, adding to his snide character, "I would like to know how you and Ren plan to continue."

"And we have a hostage in interogationroom 284 who refuses to cooperate. Maybe you should go in and use the 'force'" he spits the word out as if he had to chew it for a while but couldn't stand the taste in his mouth.

Hux has always been critical with force users, since the force provides no solid proof, at least not for him.

I want to ask him why he isn't harassing Kylo with these requests, since I'm still recovering. But that would be a sign of weakness that I can and will not show.

"I will interrogate the prisoner as soon as possible because it appears that your Stormtroops are unable to do the bare minimum of their work. Regarding your question about our further actions, I'll see if the prisoner holds any valuable information. If not, I will confer with Kylo. I await to hear your proposal on how to solve the issue the next time we speak, general. Further questions?" I state while staring him down.

I can feel his confidence crumble, much to my satisfaction and quickly slip into his mind. Due to my physical weakness it is difficult for me to hide my presence in his head. Nonetheless I succeed.

"No." Hux nods before he stiffly turns around to leave.

His thoughts are much as himself uninteresting. Despite the usual anger and the fake self confidence I find a few comparisons between me and Kylo. Some of them disrespectful, some fearful, most of them about how we resemble each other.