15. Mos Eisley

"It's a spaceport, right?" Izora asks as they make their way to the next city.

"It's a wretched hive of scum and villainy."
"Scum and villainy? You said I'd like it there"
"Yes, they're your people" his typical cocky smile spreads over his face.
She scoffs and pushes him aside and both start laughing.

The city was nearer to their homestead than Izora had expected. Most Eisley is a busy, bustling port city situated in a desert plain, populated with transients of all species.

"We need to be careful, you are a wanted woman and the lawless spaceport attracts criminals, smugglers and fugitives." Poe warns before they enter and Izora pulls her cloak over their heads.

"At least we won't attract much attention with that many species here" Izora whispers as they walk through the crowded streets.
The air is thick and dusty.
The city appears to be haphazard, run-down settlement built of concrete and sandstone, a large part of it built underground to escape the heat of Tatooine's twin suns, just like their homestead was.

The streets are crowded with spaceships, speeders and people, animals and slaves.

For a while they walk through Mos Eisleys alleys, trying not to attract any attention and avoiding eye contact.

"Chalmun's Cantina" Poe says as they arrived at their destination.

They enter the cantina, a dimly-lit tavern patronised by visiting starship pilots. Strong drink is on sale at the bar and there are frequent outbreaks of violence among the clientele. The cantina attracts a range of exotic alien species, one-eyed creatures and thousand-eyed, creatures with scales, creatures with fur. Tentacles, claws and hands wrapped around drinking utensils.
A band of domed-headed aliens plays a set of otherworldly jazz-style music.

"No wonder my father liked it here." Izora whispers after looking around.

She pulls the cloak down, thinking a hooded person would be more suspicious than just an average woman, and both make their way to the bar.
Izora looks around, amazed and at the same time intimidated by the place.

They sit down and Poe orders drinks while Izora reads the house rules at the wall.

Leave your droids outside. You don't want Wuher on your case.
Keep your blaster holstered! Why ask for trouble?
Find an empty table or barstool. Crowding other customers will only end in tears.
Be friendly. Buy a drink for your neighbor at the bar.
Applaud the band—even if they're way off-key!
Make pleasant conversation and try to laugh at bad jokes.
Tip the bartender, especially if you make a mess.

"Poe Dameron" the bar tender with the grumpy expression looks at poe and raises an eyebrow "Didn't think I would find you here"
"It's been a long time Wuher"
"Is that Izora Solo?" He turns to look at her
"Yes"
"Your father practically lived here" a small scoff escapes his mouth, similar to a laugh.

"Wuher, we need help. Is Reve Cyr here?"
The bartender simply nods to the right and walks away.

Poe and Izora exchange looks and get up to walk to the left. There he is, a Mon Calamari who apparently goes by the name Reve Cyr.
They're an amphibious race with high domed heads, webbed fingers, and large bulbous eyes

"Dameron? Hah! What does a resistance pilot like you do in a bar like this one?" He shouts as his glass hits the table.
An uneasy feeling spreads through Izora. It might not be beneficial if everybody screamed their names around and making public that they are with the resistance might not be a safe information to share with the cantinas dubious clientele.

"We need to repair our ship"
"Tuskens?"
He nods "Do you have something for us?"
"The question is, do you have something for me? Is that my payment?" He looks at Izora.

"No" she replies sternly.
"Alright" his gurgley voice scoffs and his large eyes trail past the duo.
"Looks like we have some visitors" Reve Cyr says and nods to the entry where four stormtroopers just entered.

They make their way to the bar and talk to one of the bartenders. It doesn't matter if they like the First Order or not, everybody knows not to mess with them. The barteneder nods and points to the direction where Poe and Izora are standing.

Poe pulls the hood over her head "We need to go" and looks at the Mon Calamari, pleading to help them.
"Follow me" he gets up and walks to the back of the cantina, a bit too slow for Izoras liking.

From the corner of her eye she sees the four white-armoured soldiers approaching and extends her left arm, pushing one of the customers into another one, using the force. Immediately a fight breaks out.

More and more creatures join and the room engulfs in violence. Punches are thrown as much as cups, while shouting and insults fill the air.
The way is blocked for the stormtrooper, at least for a bit.

The three escape through the back exit and find themselves on the dusty streets again.

"Your price just went up" Reve Cyr turns to look at the two.
"Whatever. We just need the materials, quickly" Izora speaks up, adjusting the cloak over her head.

They walk down various narrow side roads until they reach a little white shack with a bigger backyard. Before they even entered the building, Izora can see old ships jutting into the sky.

Reve Cyr walks up to another green species, whispering in a different language, too quiet for either of them to hear.

After a while the green one looks at the two humans waiting in the back, allowing Izora to get a better. It's a reptilian creature with large compound eyes, frills, and an elongated snout. A Rodian.

Izora looks around the gloomy room where several exotic species work on metals and ships. All of them seem to stare at Poe and Izora.
"I have a bad feeling about this, Poe" she whispers, expressing her concern but she knows as much as he does, that there is no second option. They depend on being able to repair their ship.

Reve Cyr turna around and signals them to come closer.
"This is Rinmaru. He'll take you to the 'junkyard' and you can look for your materials"
"Thank you, Reve" Poe nods and they want to start walking but the Mon Calamari holds them back with an accusing "Ah!"

He opens his hand and signals that he wants to be paid upfront.
Poe sighs and takes a little brown sachet out of his belt.
The creature opens the bag and nods satisfied before walking away.

Rinmaru walks down a dark corridor and opens a squeaking, wooden door at the end of it. The three step out into the bright sunlight to see a whole yard full of old wrecks and shiny ship parts that are glistening in the sun. The area is enclosed by a high brick wall topped with broken glass and razor wire.

Izora looks around, amazed by the variety of spaceships, something she inherited from her father.
Poe walks through the rows of metal and wrecks, looking for the right things. It's almost like walking through a museum of spacecraft. How many of these ships must have been in battles, Izora wonders, thinking about the stories attached to the wrecks.

Her feet shuffle over the sandy ground as her eyes land on a few of the First Orders Tie Fighters. How would they get their hands on a First Order ship?

Suddenly Rinmaru grabs her biceps and pulls her around, weird noises emerging from his snout.
"Hey" she yanks her arm out of his grip while glaring at his big, dark eyes.

"Izora. I got everything we can go"