The History of Land of Whirlpools

{Excerpts from the History of the Land of Whirlpools}

[About the Land of Whirlpools and Neo Uzushiogakure]

Neo Uzushiogakure no Sato (or Neo Uzu for short) is built on the ruins of Old Uzushiogakure no Sato (Village Hidden in the Swirling Tides), located in the Land of Whirlpools. Naruto Uzumaki is the Daimyo of the Land of Whirlpools, and the Third Toad Sannin. Nicknamed the Land of Exiles, Neo Uzu is home to several ninja clans, and other ninja nomad clans, as well as missing ninjas, Kiri refugees from the bloodline wars, as well as several samurai clans. Its ninja forces rivals that of Konoha in its prime. It is also one of the Five Great Ninja Villages in the world and has taken that title from its rival, Konohagakure no Sato.

Konan Uzumaki is the Sixth Uzukage of Neo Uzu, while her husband Nagato Uzumaki is the commander of the Neo Uzushiogakure Anbu Black Ops with Kiba Inuzuka as captain. Naruto's wife, Lady Hinata Uzumaki, oversees the Neo Uzushiogakure medic-ninja program with Kiba's wife, Mina Inuzuka as her apprentice while Anko Yamaha and her husband, Seiya Yamaha, oversees the Neo Uzu Interrogation and Torture Division.

The ninja teams are similar to those of Konoha: a four-ninja team (One Jounin, three Genin/Chunin - of which Naruto's children with Hinata are the latter along with Kiba and Mina's children as well as Anko and Seiya's). The Neo Uzushiogakure Council consists of 24 members - 12 civilians and 12 clan heads. The civilians and ninjas cannot influence the other, a lesson Naruto learned as a Konoha ninja, thus keeping the civilians and ninja matters separate, with Naruto as the head council. Like Konoha, Neo Uzu identifies its Chunin and Jounin by flak vests - white for the Chunin and blue for the Jounin and Elite Jounin, and is similar in design to those in Konoha. The Neo Uzu Anbu is similar to its Konoha counterparts, but they do not wear animal masks to conceal their identities.

Neo Uzu has alliances with Suna, Haru, and Kiri. Due to Hinata and Hanabi being the wife and sister-in-law of the Whirlpool Daimyo, has a non-aggression pact with Kumo (due to the fact that Killer Bee and Yugito Nii both have a high degree of respect for Naruto). Iwa, despite the fact that Naruto is the son of Minato Namikaze, will not attack Neo Uzu as they too signed a non-aggression pact. Konoha and the Land of Fire, on the other hand, are openly hostile to Neo Uzu and neither the Hokage nor the Fire Daimyo does not recognize the village or its daimyo.

Aside from the village, the Land of Whirlpools is home to a thriving mercantile guild known as the Azura Merchant House, of which its main base of operations is located in the coastal town of Kimon, with a port in the Land of Waves. The Azura Merchant House has branches in the Land of Wind, the Land of Earth, the Land of Lightning, the Land of Water and has negotiated trade agreements with the Land of the Sea, the Land of Tea, the Land of Forests, and the Land of Hot Water. Combined with the Land of Waves Protectorate's shipping fleet, the Azura Merchant House is the most dominant merchant house in the area.

Neo Uzu has a 99% success rate in accomplishing assignments, both around the Land of Waves and in the Elemental Nations. Neo Uzu also holds Chunin and Jounin tournaments twice a month among the Neo Uzu ninjas in order to keep their skills sharp. Neo Uzushiogakure's methods of training have made Chunin and Jounin-level ninjas in less time than that of Konohagakure no Sato. Aside from those tournaments, Neo Uzushiogakure also holds an annual Taijutsu tournament twice a year, of which the best from the Elemental Nations flock to the Land of Whirlpools to test their skills in open combat. Neo Uzu's medic-ninja training program is the best medical program the Land of Whirlpools has to offer, so much so that the Land of Water, the Land of Wind and the Land of Lightning often send their medics-in-training to undergo the training program with great success.