one

Zak

I ran away as fast as I could. I never would have thought I saw a hideous creature waiting to get my life. I ran to the nearby park and sat by the tree. I was exhausted from running. I looked at the butterflies that were playing around. I started close my eyes carefully. When I was about to fully close my eyes, I saw an oval that was shiny. That's where I realized it was like a Halo. I quickly opened my eyes and saw nothing.

"Was I hallucinating?" I mutter to myself. Looked around to double-check to see if I was or wasn't. I looked up to see a brunette with huge wings.

"Hello mis-" before I could even make him finish his sentence. I screamed.

"Woah--You--" He suddenly covered my mouth. "Y-you sure scream like a girl that's being chased by a maniac, huh?" He lets go of my mouth.

"Before you speak. I want you to lead me to your house." He spoken like he's being interviewed, jesus. "Why can't we talk here?" I stood up and brush off the dirt on my pants. "People might think you're talking to yourself since I'm only visible to you only." He says while looking around.

"Fineee" I say as I go back to my house.

~~~~~~~~~

"Oh well your trip to the park was pretty fast huh?" I hear George and Harvey chuckling.

"Yeah, yeah go back to what the both of you were doing" I say as I ran upstairs to my room.

"So you have company?" He asks as he looks around my messy room.

"Yeah, they're my roommates! They seem annoying but that's how we live our lives in this apartment. So you were about to introduce yours-" The door slammed open

"whOOOO arEEE yOuuu talKing t-" Harvey suddenly stops and his eyes widened. Shoot I think he could see the brunette dude. He slowly closes the door and goes near him.

"Woah I'm I dreaming?" He says as he is currently admiring the fluffy and huge wings.

"Also, I never get to ask your name and why you're here" The brunette turns around.

"Ah my bad, mister! Hi, my name's Darryl." He decided to go stand on his feet.

"What are you both more likely to be comfortable with? I as a human or in this form?" Harvey suddenly mouths 'Human' whilst pointing at Darryl.

"I guess we both like you as a human so we're more comfortable talking to you than talking to nothing when people are around" I say as I sat on my gaming chair.

"If that's what the both of you have chosen then I'll do what you're more comfortable with" He pulls out a sword and mutters something that suddenly makes his wings and halo disappear. After it fully disappeared he surprisingly lost his balance and landed on my bed.

"Woah you okay there dude?" Harvey helps him get up. After he helped him get onto his feet thoughts went up running inside my head. Is Darryl dizzy after he did that? Is that normal for that to happen? I got curious.

"Sorry I wasn't used to walk without my wings since the weight on my back suddenly disappeared."

••••••••••••

Hello! Thank you so much for reading the first chapter of this book! I hope you liked it <33.

Anyways sorry for a very short chapter for I didn't have enough energy to make this a one shot.

WC: 543 words